Thread: GeForce GTX 460 SLI with 3d vision.

GeForce GTX 460 SLI with 3d vision.

Hey hi I am thinking for the buying the full desktop rig for the 3D vision and for that I have decided the following hardware specification on my desktop:
    • i7-940 on intel dx58og board.
    • GeForce GTX 460 SLI
    • windows 7 64-bit with latest 280.26 nvidia drivers

And also for that reason only I am running my all the games in the 3D vision @1026x768 120 Hz with this help of the Viewsonic projector. But here in this case I am having some problem with the games. The problems are: while playing Racer GRID, after the 10 to 20s game freezes for about 1s which is very disturbing to me. For that I have also tried with the lower setting but this is also not working in my case. And also I am having the similar issue with the Just Cause 2 and Portal 2. Here I would like to know that can anyone suggest me in this case? I am real fan of 3d vision but here I am facing this type of the problem while I am trying to play the games. Please suggest me in this case.

Re: GeForce GTX 460 SLI with 3d vision.

Ok, I am having some suggestion in this case. For the portal 2 do the setting as:
    For this game just set the GTX 460 SLI settings to single GPU. Because single GPU is able to manage high settings in 3d vision at 1024*768, and also for the stuttering, SLI is only responsible.
    And for the just cause 2 game, I am not having any type of the suggestion. I have tried to play this game and here I can see that cannot understand how 2 gtx 460 cannot handle this game in 3D vision at 1024*768. And hope that this will help in your case. Try with the above suggestion for the portal 2 an report me back about the result that it is working fine or still having the same problem on this.

I tried with the setting which you have given to me. And for that optional setting I am interested. Hey here first tell me that do you have tried with the sli profile to perform better than the default nvidia cards? And here please tell me if you have experience tearing while playing the game. If yes then please suggest me that what are the setting at that time when you are seen this type of the stuttering.

Here in this case I would like to say you that please make sure that you have the SLI bridge installed between the two cards. This is the small connecter which help to connect the two cards. And in your case I this that problem is due to this one only. So for that make sure that you have this connector.

According to me, Just Cause 2 is one of those titles that never ran quite. Here I would like to say that 2nd GPU adds very little performance while in 3D Vision. I am suggesting you that thing because I ws also having this type of the problem and for resolving then I have waited so long in the hope that they will release the driver for that. But after releasing the driver I found that they are also not working with my case. For that I gone back and then tested any of the newer driver for that and then I found that improved JC2 performance too much since then.

Ok, I checked for that thing also. And after that I can tell you that CUDA processing can only run on a single GPU in SLI so I came to know that this reduces the amount of processing available for rendering. And also let you know that CUDA water requires 30% of a single GPU's time so here it will reduced to 70% for rendering graphics for the both of the graphics. And hope that this thing also help in your case. Try with this and report me back.

Hey you all, thank you for suggesting me in this case. And after that I found that there is no problem with my GeForce GTX 460 SLI and then after trying with your suggestion now I can see the huge performance improvements in other games in 3D vision.

Sorry, I was also facing the same problem and here I got the suggestion for resolving my problem. For that reason I tried with the suggestion but at the end I found that they are not working in my case.