Thread: getting Blocky image with 1920x1080 resolution at 120hz

getting Blocky image with 1920x1080 resolution at 120hz

in my computer I have windows 7 operating system installed and my system specification are

3D Vision glasses & transmitter
    2 x 295 GTX cards (Quad SLI)
    LG 2363D 120hz monitor
    i7 920 processor
    Gigabyte X58 UD5 board with 6gb of memory

Now I am getting blocky images hen I set 1920x1080 resolutions at 120hz first all the things were going good and after that suddenly this problem started. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

Re: getting Blocky image with 1920x1080 resolution at 120hz

First I will suggest you to connect any other monitor with your computer and after that you have to check whether you are getting the same problem with 1920x1080 resolution at 120hz. if you get the same problem after that also then problem is with your computer and If you are not getting the same problem then problem with your monitor only.

According to me problem is occurring because of the cable and you have to first make sure that you have Dual Link DVI cable which comes with the monitor. if you have connected your monitor by using any other cable then I will recommend you to use the Dual Link DVI cable only. I am telling you this because sometime if we use the wrong cable at that time also this type of problem can take place. I will also suggest you to try to solve this problem but doing resetting the monitor. go to the monitor menu options and after that you have to find the setting option and then you have to look for the reset option e restore factory setting and after selecting the reset option you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

I think after trying the above solution you will not face problem while setting resolution with 1920x1080 at 120hz. if you are facing the same problem and still getting the blocky images then let me know.

According to me this type of the problem can get solved by reinstalling the graphic drivers. first uninstall the graphic drivers from your computer and after reinstalling the graphic drivers you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

as you have said that in your computer you have 2 x 295 GTX cards and that is why I would like to tell you that you have to first remove any one card from your computer and after removing the card you have to check whether you are still getting the blocky images or not. if you don’t get the same problem after that problem is with your graphic card and if the problem remains after that also then something else is causing this issue.

you have to also make sure that monitor is connected properly with your computer and cable which you have used is correct because if you are using wrong cable then at that time also this type of problem can take place and that is why I am telling you this.

As far as I know by updating the drivers in your computer you will be also to fix this problem. first you have to check on the internet whether there are any updates are available for your motherboard or not. if you find the update for the drivers then you have to first download the drivers and after downloading the drivers you have to install the drivers and after installing the updates drivers you will not face any problem while setting the resolution with 1920x1080 at 120hz. Try this trick and after that let me know what the result is.

Only reinstalling the graphic drivers will not solve the issue. You have to also update the graphic card drivers along with the onboard graphic drivers. First try to solve this problem by reinstalling the graphic card drivers in your computer and after reinstalling the graphic card drivers you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. If after reinstalling the graphic card drivers also if you are facing the same problem then you have to go to the official website of the Nvidia and after visiting that site you have to download the updated drivers of your GeForce GTX 295 drivers and after downloading that drivers you have to first uninstall the drivers which you have already installed in your computer and after that you have to restart the computer.

After restarting the computer you have to install the newly downloaded drivers in your computer and after downloading those drivers you have to check whether you are able to get proper images on 1920x1080 resolutions @ 120hz. I hope after that your problem will get solved.

if you need to download the drivers for your graphic drivers then you have to click on below download option

DOWNLOAD DRIVERS

After clicking here you have to install the drivers in your computer.

I have checked the cable first and I am using right cable and when I have connected my monitor with different computer at that time also I get the same problem. I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the onboard drivers and graphic card drivers and updating the graphic card drivers and after doing that also I was getting the same problem.

Is there any way to get rid of this problem or there is something wrong with my monitor.

You have mentioned that in when you connect your LG 2363D 120hz monitor with other computer at that time also you are getting the same problem and that is why I think problem is with your monitor only. according to me you have to contact the LG service center and after that you have to tell about the problem which you are facing and then you will get solution.

after looking at your solution I have contact the LG support and after that they have checked my monitor and find some problem with monitor and then they have repaired my monitor and after that problem get solved. thank you for helping me.