Thread: Windows 7 ask for password after replacing the monitor screen

Windows 7 ask for password after replacing the monitor screen

I have an machine laptop with windows 7 which was working properly, due to my ignorance the screen of my laptop got cracked I tried friends for suggestion and got new replacement screen that is comparable to my laptop and fixed it by myself. I switched it on and after some time the machine started up and with in few seconds the text screen of laptop went on to blue and ask me for my password as I had never enabled the password , the cursor in the text box went frozen , I tried to run it in safe mode and to that I pressed the keys and keys too were not working . I tried to press F8 and other keys but nothing was happening. It took a long time to shut down the system than usual but I had to do it manually. I tried this many time but nothing has worked , would any one tell me what might have happen , or where did I made a mistake .

Re: Windows 7 ask for password after replacing the monitor screen

You have replaced the monitor screen then you would have some knowledge about laptops . Try for changing bios set up for the computer , insert windows 7 boot able disc in to the cd rom and change the system boot to cd rom drive. Click on repair windows option of the set and let the set up get completed . This will repair any problem that has occurred in that system that has caused such problems . Give the necessary details as you should have the original copy of windows 7 restart your computer and the machine will start , installation of windows 7 is easy and requires less time and if such hardware problem arrives you better go to the experts this will prevent your laptop from being damage .

As per me give a try as the cursor has been frozen , remove the battery of the laptop and after 10 minutes reinsert it check , if the problem is not resolved the next would be a difficult thing that open laptop locate the hard disk and motherboard , there will be jumpers on the motherboard that you will require to reconnect them this will clear the passwords if they were.

As you can open your laptop then disassemble it and check for the ram,if there are more than one ram then remove each of them and rub them using an eraser and use one at time ,discharge and reset the main board remove ac adapter from main board press the power button for 10 to 15 mins and then connect the ac adapter only and power on the laptop . Hope this will help

I have never come up with such issues where the keyboard and cursor are frozen after changing the monitor screen . There might be internal damage happened or screen you change went on to go some thing incorrect. My suggestion is to clean install fresh copy of windows or visit to the HP service center for further assistance.