Thread: Need to modify Overclocked fan speed of MSI Geforce GTX 580 Twin Frozr II

Need to modify Overclocked fan speed of MSI Geforce GTX 580 Twin Frozr II

Normally I have seen that my fan does give a idle speed at 40%.. now I want to change it to 30% . so what iwant to know is that is there a feature by which I would be able to modify the fan speed at my own will so is there anything by which I would be able to do that then do let me know as soon as possible for me. now I also want the system temperature to be around 30 degress that is what I think is the normal system temperature. So that’s what I want and hence if you have some changes to make it here then do let me know as soon as possible over here. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all. in case if there is any method by which I would be bale to unlock these features then do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Need to modify Overclocked fan speed of MSI Geforce GTX 580 Twin Frozr II

I don’t think there is any method by which you would be able to do that, so do not think of changing that fan speed and tell me if you are getting the system temperature at that level with that fan speed then whats the issue I am not able to understand. Anyways whatever changes you need to make has to be made on the bios itself and there is nothing that you can do. I hope you do understand what I am saying here, so make that necessary changes and let me know if there is any other issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawannah View Post
    Normally I have seen that my fan does give a idle speed at 40%.. now I want to change it to 30% . so what iwant to know is that is there a feature by which I would be able to modify the fan speed at my own will so is there anything by which I would be able to do that then do let me know as soon as possible for me. now I also want the system temperature to be around 30 degress that is what I think is the normal system temperature. So that’s what I want and hence if you have some changes to make it here then do let me know as soon as possible over here. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all. in case if there is any method by which I would be bale to unlock these features then do let me know as soon as possible.
    Have you tried speedfan, if not then you should give a try for that application as well, it allows you to modify the changes manually. So that’s what I am saying here. give a try for the same. well I cant assure yu that it will work 100% for you since some of my friends had already worked on it and for some it had worked but for some it did not work at all. so that’s why I am asking you to just give a try for the same and come back to me if this works out or not. So that’s what I am saying here. so whats the harm in giving a try for the said problem, let me know what is the outcome as soon as possible.

Sadly that has not worked for me at all . well I have a given a try for the particular application and that has not worked so that’s why I came here expecting some other solutions from you all. hope you all will work on it next time.

Ok then if you had worked on that then you must have mentioned about the same in the question above. So hope you do understand what I am saying here. now what I am saying is that if that has not worked for you then let me give you a suggestion try connecting the cpu fan to the psu. Then try adjusting the supplied voltage to the psu and you will get the necessary changes out there, so do work on the said suggestion that I have given for you and let me know if that was of any good use for you. however at starting you will see that there will be a noticeable difference in the cpu fan and the speed will be high at starting but if you keep a close look at the supplied voltage then you can make the difference for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bansi_WADIA View Post
    Ok then if you had worked on that then you must have mentioned about the same in the question above. So hope you do understand what I am saying here. now what I am saying is that if that has not worked for you then let me give you a suggestion try connecting the cpu fan to the psu. Then try adjusting the supplied voltage to the psu and you will get the necessary changes out there, so do work on the said suggestion that I have given for you and let me know if that was of any good use for you. however at starting you will see that there will be a noticeable difference in the cpu fan and the speed will be high at starting but if you keep a close look at the supplied voltage then you can make the difference for sure.
    Well one thing I am not able to understand is that how will I be able to connect it to the PSU? Well that’s the weirdest solution that I have come across and hence I would like to hear what more can be done over it. please suggest something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawannah View Post
    Well one thing I am not able to understand is that how will I be able to connect it to the PSU? Well that’s the weirdest solution that I have come across and hence I would like to hear what more can be done over it. please suggest something.
    Yes I know that is one you must be wondering that how can a 3 pin connector be able to connect it to 4 pin molex. Well I have a simple answer for you get a 3 Pin Fan into an LP4 Power Supply Connector. If you can attach that it in the vacant pin that is remaining in the psu and rest all the pins will be connected by the 3 pin connector. Ok one more thing that I would like to remind you is that be aware of the side panel in case if it gets in connection with it then it will rise the temperature to a very high level. So you will have to take care of that and as far as the motherboard is concerned then you will have to put up some fan in that pace for the additional cooling.

I think that will increase the speed for sure and I am quite confident about it. Since you are connecting it with the psu and hence that’s the thing that you need to be wary of, so be aware of that of what I am trying to say.

So do wire them manually in the 12v rail and keep them together with the plastic tape attached, so that’s what you need to do. I hope you are understanding what I am saying here. I am sure that it will work out for you. Also one more thing that you need to keep in mind is that at the start there will be a fluctuation for sure and that you need to keep in mind about that but still as the voltage is reduced it will accordingly decrease the temperature for sure. so that’s what I am saying here.