Thread: Will MSI GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme Edition 3GB be too noisy?

Will MSI GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme Edition 3GB be too noisy?

I have heard that the board that I have specified above will not produce any kind of coil whine associated with other reference boards. Now the main reason for this is the use of special kind of solid-state Super Ferrite Chokes. I am thinking to buy one as soon as possible. Well the only sources of noise that I am aware is the two fans that will be making some noise. So what do you all think should I go ahead with the buying a soon as possible over the same? actually I am planning to get from newegg since they have implemented the no return policy so that’s what made me think that if I should go with this product or not? What do you all have to say about this, I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same. I hope you will do so.

re: Will MSI GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme Edition 3GB be too noisy?

From when is the no return policy implemented in new egg as such I am not aware of anything like that. So I would advise you to first check out for the same and then aks the respective question over here. as such the cards will not make any kind of weird sounds at all. if it makes then what is the use of warranty? You will have to make use of the warranties that are given for you in stores and then check out accordingly. So that’s what you need to do. Do not worry about the warranties they will be still there for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishon View Post
    I have heard that the board that I have specified above will not produce any kind of coil whine associated with other reference boards. Now the main reason for this is the use of special kind of solid-state Super Ferrite Chokes. I am thinking to buy one as soon as possible. Well the only sources of noise that I am aware is the two fans that will be making some noise. So what do you all think should I go ahead with the buying a soon as possible over the same? actually I am planning to get from newegg since they have implemented the no return policy so that’s what made me think that if I should go with this product or not? What do you all have to say about this, I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same. I hope you will do so.
    Well if you check properly their terms and conditions then you will get to see that they have said that it is available for replacement under certain conditions and also no refund of cash. So first read the conditions that are laid down by the newegg people then only say something over here.

I would like to say something over here. well what I want to say is that I had got this card and I have been experiencing a lot of issues with it. well the problem starts when the card when it starts taking some load and it starts producing whine and squeal noise. Well I know that it is not the issue with the psu as well as the motherboard, so that’s the issue I am talking over here. Well I have come across a lot of people with the same issues like these so many of them have been facing this issue, so would all like to help me and many others with the similar issue out of it then do post in your replies over here, waiting for the necessary help from you all ok guys do reply fast.

Check out for the memory clock on what is being listed out there. Well I must say that you need to have a check about the same and get back to me with the necessary readings that will be a better idea. If you are using something like cpu-z to measure the reading then make sure that you do make use of x4 to get effective clock reading. Co first check out for that and then think of some other solution for the said problem. So hope you are understanding what I am saying here. so do as what I have said here and do let me know if that worked or not.

I checked it in the newegg and it was given as 4200MHz. however on testing it I found out that it was somewhere close to 2100MHz. so what do you all have to say about this and how the problem is related with the memory clock can you please tell me about it. waiting for the exact reply from you all.

I think the memory speed that you are getting to see is quite correct as it is said in the above post if we calculate the speed of the memory cycle then it has to be 4x with what you are getting, so nothing to worry about it just relx. I would advise you to check out this card with the different system and see if the same sound does come in that system or not? If you are getting to hear that sound then there has to be some issues with the card itself. so that’s what I want to say here. in case if the sound does not gets repeated in the new system then the thing is simple there has to be some problem with your system. either the psu or the cpu fam is making the noise for sure.

Well I am one of the user who had just got the GTX 580 and there was no problem with it. well I safely installed it I n the system and it is giving me no problems at all. may be a faulty piece has been delivered to you and hence I think that it needs to be replaced as soon as possible that’s what I feel I hope you are understanding what I am saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by lust-rous View Post
    Well I am one of the user who had just got the GTX 580 and there was no problem with it. well I safely installed it I n the system and it is giving me no problems at all. may be a faulty piece has been delivered to you and hence I think that it needs to be replaced as soon as possible that’s what I feel I hope you are understanding what I am saying here.
    Have you had a talk with the msi people about the same and if not then do it as soon as possible , that will be the better option for you. so that’s what I am saying here. well they would be the perfect persons in this situation to answer out the query for you. so they will either get back to you with the solutiosn or they will get the card replaced as soon as possible. I hope you are understanding what I am saying here, so do follow the advise that I have suggested you and I am sure that it will be of good help for you, so that’s it from my side for you. hope so it does work for you.

Re: Will MSI GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme Edition 3GB be too noisy?

Ok thanks for letting me about that i will definitely test in the different system and will notify you about the same. thanks for all the suggestions that you have out in over here. appreciate your efforts.