Thread: MSI N560GTX-TI GPU crashes after updating the driver to version 280.26

MSI N560GTX-TI GPU crashes after updating the driver to version 280.26

Hi, I am using MSI N560GTX-TI GPU and which was working perfectly before some days but since I had updated the video drivers I am having problem with it. as whenever I try to play any game it just won’t load at that moment which was actually running perfectly.

Actually the thing is like I have updated my video driver version to 280.26 and since I am getting this problem, and I am not sure what could be the problem with it.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: MSI N560GTX-TI GPU crashes after updating the driver to version 280.26

See there could be so many problems regarding the hardware and software as well and for that you must have to test all of them. and do you please tell me from which website you have gotten this newer drivers. because there are several website that offers the same thing but still some of them are not actually working. Thus if suppose you have downloaded it with another website then I would like to recommend you that you should get it from the official website only.

I don’t know whether the drivers that you have installed were came with the driver CD, but see if that is the only one then let me tell you as they are usually very old. Thus at this moment you must have to download them from the GPU manufacturer’s website. Because from there only you’ll get the most recent one.

But if suppose this is the latest one then let me tell you as there is some problem with the driver you have installed, I mean to say either there is some corruption or some of the files are missing from it. thus either you can download it again, or simply reinstall the one that you have.

And off course if you are about to reinstall the drivers then you should first of all try to remove the one that you have already installed then only it will delete all the previous cache.

Well, according to me if suppose previous one was working perfectly then you should try to use that only, because the thing is like newer always means better.

I am agree with the above user as if suppose you are satisfied with the previous version then you should stick with that only, and apparently as the extent to I know there isn’t any more changes that you’ll get in the newer version that you have installed.

Thus my recommendation is also same, but if suppose you want to try it again then you can have option to get it reinstalled and if the same thing is happening then you should go with the previous drivers.

which operating you have installed in the machine by the way, because see though we have very good hardware and the software by means of drivers but it that is not very good enough compatible with the operating system that we uses then that’s quite worthless. And according to me that the only problem happening with you. And it seems that you are using windows 7 thus let me tell you as you must have to install the one which is actually compatible with windows 7 machine.

In fact you can have option to find the drivers which would be more suitable through the windows only, I mean to say uninstall the previous drivers and let the windows search for the newer drivers on its own.

I am not sure whether you are having problem with the driver that you are using or with any particular game but there are several ways through which you can determine whether this is because of the drivers or the game.
    Is the same thing happening with all the game or by opening particular game only?

Because see if this is happening only by opening particular game that means it might be possible that there could be some problem with that game as well. and thus you can simply reinstall that as well an test the drivers again. but if this is happening with all the game that means surely the drivers are either not supported by the operating system that you are using.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I must have to rollback as I have tried almost each and everything you have mentioned over here but nothing worked actually.

have you ever over clocked any hardware in the machine including your GPU? Because as the above user mentioned it is not only possible that the problem can be happened only due to the software. and I was also having the same problem and even after reinstalling it I was getting the same crap but, later I came to know that there is some problem with oveclocked hardware as they are not actually stable and thus giving error regarding the drivers.

If you want to figure out any such problem with that hardware, you should make all those settings to their default so that they perform steadily.

I would like to suggest you to make use of 175.33 version as I am also using the same and never ever got any such problem in the machine after installing it.

And I often use to get complained about the new one and that’s why I never ever update my drivers.