Thread: MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk overheating

MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk overheating

I have installed a new GTX 560 Ti hawk except I am little bit worried about its temps. When I try to play witcher 2, the temps maxed out and it's running extremely excellent other than the trouble is that card is actually overheating. What I want to tell is the temps are 90+ and I think that during excessive usage it may meet up to 100. What can I do now? My system specifications are as follows:
    • CPU: Intel Core i5-760 quad core
    • Memory: 4GB (1333MHz speed)
    • PSU: 700W

Re: MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk overheating

A little information for those of you who keep their drivers. There are significant bugs in the drivers 280.26 that appeared recently, including a bug that heats the cards. Do not update until a pilot corrected this way.

With more advanced cooling system, the GeForce GTX 560 Ti suggests similar gains. In practice, it is not quite the case. Without any overclocking, the GeForce GTX 560 Ti heated much more than its predecessor in heavy applications. We have found 96 C under FurMark our XFX GeForce GTX 560 Ti following the full reference design. It goes from 823 MHz to 910 MHz (10.5%) without increasing tension. To achieve 950 MHz in real conditions (closed case with 120mm fan side), we had to add 85 mV but in these conditions, the temperature already flirting with 95 C in 2.1 Unigine Heaven even with the fan to maximum.

As long as you're less than 90 degrees nothing happens, then the adapter throws air into the case and if you do not have decent ventilation recycles the 'hot air.

yes but with today's graphics cards, please make sure your PC is well ventilated at all times, this will seriously help the GPU global temperatures., UEI calculations are definitely lates of decent housing, he said he has a case of recycling of shit with no real 'air, so the temp is normal, I do not think 70 degrees with the GPU at 95% is a bad temperature.

Try it with the OCCT program, although it is a bench / bench test stability, but unlike other programs OCCT has also the ability to view temperature of your CPU per core. OCCT is nice because I trust the program pretty much parallel in terms of temperature as what I see in my bios, so try OCCT once and then look at what the temps are idle. And after how long does the PC gaming anyway? Can you set the clock on it right that after 15 minutes play breaks down? Or different each time. I can imagine that in a game more quickly from falling out?

The more you approach the temperature limit is clear that the electronics wear out and have lower performance. If the maximum of this model are 99 C and your maximum use is 80 C, there are 20 C differences, do not approach the critical part, your card will live the normal time, but like any electronic component is susceptible to decay at any temperature and under all conditions. It is virtually impossible to say how much you can take, whether more or less.

Anyway if you are very picky on the subject of temperatures, I recommend you make a liquid cooling system. But first check that the fan management is automatic and that self-govern the greater or lesser use, if you do have problems fixed.

It is likely that the GeForce GTX 560 core would have consumed less (and therefore heated less) that the copies received. GeForce GTX 460 and GeForce GTX 560 Ti also come equipped with third-party non-standard coolers.

I think that the overheating issue either due to wrongly overclockd GPU or improper CPU configuration. Last point to check: the sometimes capricious boxes Intel to set up, it is sometimes very hard to support the setting is correct. You have to look carefully to realize that the cooler is poorly. In general, the processor being poorly clad, the PC does not boot, but the system for fixing Intel cpu can sometimes be enough and the boot is. The temperature soared in the immediate

You should know that MSI cards are often afflicted with a bug at the temperature sensor. The values are so inconsistent. The problem is solved in general by a bios update. However, it is dangerous to flash a BIOS on a motherboard that reboot without warning..... it is even discouraged. Contact the customer service of your vendor to explain the problem I think is the best solution. MSI cards in this series are guaranteed for 3 years, an exchange or flash the bios and their dependents should not be a problem.