Thread: Dell monitor starts for two seconds and then black

Dell monitor starts for two seconds and then black

I really like the Dell product but this is the first time I am facing this problem with this. It is Dell 1707FPc monitor and problem is that when I start that then it start up fine and after about 2 seconds, it goes completely blank. Is there anybody who can tell me that what is the problem with this and how it can be solved? If you have anything to suggest me that.

Re: Dell monitor starts for two seconds and then black

Your monitor provides a self test feature that allows you to see if your monitor is functioning properly. If your monitor or computer is correctly connected but the screen remains dark, run the monitor self-test as follows:
    1. Turn off the computer and monitor.
    2. Unplug the video cable from the back of the computer.
    3. Turn on the monitor.
    4. Turn off your monitor and reconnect the video cable. Then turn on the computer and monitor. While still in self-test mode, the LED is green and the STFC images are displayed on the screen.

If your monitor is still blank after executing the previous procedure, check your video controller and computer system, your monitor is functioning properly.

Why don’t you contact to the Dell support for this answer and see what they can help you. They are best in their support and am quite sure that they will give you solution for this problem.

I am very sorry to know that many of the people are encountering the same issue with Dell Monitors. I could be happy to investigate this and support you. Generous perform these strides and give me a chance to know the content or outcome on the screen. Join the screen just to the capacity outlet, guarantee the film links and all alternate links are disengaged.

If a monitor goes blank subsequent to a few seconds, through not even the back light in it, odds are we have a difficulty by means of the lamp otherwise other stuff. I can tell they typically come w/a 3yr warranty otherwise whatever the warranty time the PC came with. I believe that they have similar policies but let's double-check. Get the serial# for both LCD & PC handy, arm yourself and after that be patience and call to their support. You can also inquire to get a replacement one. This will be the best thing to do for this.