Thread: Samsung UN55D6050 giving extreme flashlight effect

Samsung UN55D6050 giving extreme flashlight effect

I brought this Samsung UN55D6050 some weeks ago and trust me it gives some extreme flashlight effect and it is highly noticeable when you watch any movie in it especially in the dark room all the corners of the TV start giving you such kind of effect and there is nothing much that you can do over here, so hope you do understand what I am saying here. Due to the flashlight effect it is really very troublesome to watch any movies in it and hence I want to know if I should get it replaced or make some changes. Now why I am asking this with you all is because if I make some changes then the warranty will become void. That’s the problem. So I am confused right now and I need some advice from you all on the same, so do reply as of what do you all think about it.

Re: Samsung UN55D6050 giving extreme flashlight effect

I have heard that loosening up the corners of the TV does reduce the effect but I cant say that it is a perfect solution for the problem. I have heard from many of my friends that it does work but since I haven’t tried it hence I cannot assure you anything about it. So that’s what I want to say here. so if you want you can give a try for that method and let us know if that works out for you or not. However beware if you make some changes and if it does not turn out in your favor then the warranty will become void and you will not be able to get any maintenance from the company.

Personally speaking I think you must better show it to the Samsung people and ask them to get it replaced, since I think so you might have got some defect piece and hence that’s the reason why you are getting to see such kind of effect, so better call them and get it replaced with the new one, don’t try and modify anything as the above user said your warranty will be under high risk for that, so that’s what I am saying here. I hope you did get the necessary information on the same, so that’s it from my side.

I had a talk with the Samsung people about the same and you will not believe that they are aware of such kind of problems but not having any solution for the problem, you will not believe that’s the case going on here. they said to me that they cannot give me any kind of solution for the problem. So they asked me they will get me the TC replaced but what if the other tv will also be having the same problem of flashlight. I was very much disappointed as if why I thought of going with them, I should have not thought ahead with it, anyways i have asked for an replacement lets see how the new one turns out to be?

I can understand your problem. Still if you are thinking of getting a new one then don’t go and make any wrong decisions the best I would like to recommend you is that go with the Samsung PN59D8000. It is the top of the class product from the Samsung and if you are thinking of going with any of the Led products then I would advise you to go with the Sony XBR backlit LED that’s a better option for you if you are thinking of going with the LED products, so these are the two suggestions that I am giving you here, make sure you do consider them while you are thinking of getting any new products for you. so that’s my advise for you.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given here. now I am realizing that Samsung is not good at all and not better in giving any service for the customers. What do we do when the developers do not have any solution for the same. so what can we do if they don’t have any solution for the same. I am really disappointed with the decision I have taken for getting the product, right now I am not thinking of getting any new one but surely would decide it in the near future.