Thread: Fuse of power supply F1801 in Samsung LA46A650A1R blown away

Fuse of power supply F1801 in Samsung LA46A650A1R blown away

Yes guys that’s the problem here, I don’t what happened suddenly with my tv. I was watching tv patiently and it suddenly went blank, so I went ahead and had a check with the power supply of the TV and I realized that the psu did not had any problem still I went ahead and got it replaced then also nothing is appearing in the TV, not even the red led light is not working that’s the problem here. on properly searching the issue I realized that the fuse of the power supply has blown away and that’s the bigger problem, so can you suggest me some help for the same. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all on the same, so do reply accordingly over here. I am waiting for the help from you all.

Re: Fuse of power supply F1801 in Samsung LA46A650A1R blown away

I don’t know if you will be able to locate the fuse of the power supply or not? If you are able to locate the fuse of the power supply then replacing it is obviously a bigger task for you. if you can go ahead and re fuse it then do go ahead with the same. well I have read an interesting article in the website named techrepublic about the same and hence what I would advise you is that you go ahead and check out that first, you will get ample information on that, there are some detailed steps given out there and you must check it out as soon as possible, so that’s what I want to say here.

Dude even I have read about the same and you will not believe that it is something that cannot be done by the layman and hence what I am saying is that it is better to take some help from the technicians about the same and get it replaced. I think that’s a better option I feel. so that’s what I want to say here. so that’s what you need to do right now at this moment of time, so do work on that accordingly and I am sure it will be of good help for you, so that’s what I am saying here.

For me it all depends on how the fuse is attached to the board, if it is perfectly soldered into the board then you have no other option to remove the board first and then replace it. so if you are having the soldering iron then apply it at the end of the fuse and move it up the fuse will get free and you will be able to identify it for sure. Now to install a new fuse there what you will have to do is that install the fuse holder there and also insert the pins there with the help of the soldering iron and then attach it. make sure that it has got fixed up properly. If it is, then only put up the psu and the borad back in the place, so that’s what you need to do here, hope that was helpful for you. also let me warn you that this is just the overview that I have given you here. for more details on that you must catch up with some good guides that will tell you more information about that.

Hello everyone even I have come across an interesting article in a website named as pcguide whihch ad some detailed information on that well a simple search in the google did revela a lot of information about replacing the PSU. Well having a look at the pictures does appear to me as a very difficult task and ehnce what I would advise you is that first check out with the pics and then think of replacing it with the new fuse, that’s what I am saying here. so hope you did get the necessary information on the same and let me know if there is anything that I need to add here. also check out the minimum requirements that you must be needing for it to get it replaced, so that’s what I want to say here.

Ok thanks guys for the information that you all have given here. appreciate the efforts that you have out in to solve the issue, so thanks a ton for the same. well what I am saying here is that I did have a look aty couple of information on the websites and there I did get a lot of information about the same. well it definitely looks to me as a very risky operation and hence I am thinking that I will take some professional help for the issues like these and I am sure that my problem will be solved after that, that’s what I want to say here. anyways thanks a lot for having a look at the problem of mine.