Thread: NOS Journaal App not working on my Net TV

NOS Journaal App not working on my Net TV

I have subscribed to the NOS app. to watch the latest news broadcast on my Philips TV, but it is not working anymore. I can view the app but halfway the broadcast, it stops and returns to the main page of NOS. It just stops in between. Does anyone else has the same issue? Is this a known issue? I am using wired Ethernet and the streaming works fine when I am using internet. Hope the performance of NOS is improved soon enough.

Re: NOS Journaal App not working on my Net TV

I also used to use the app frequently without problem, but recently it started giving me problem. I also tried to update the TV firmware but it says it is up-to-date. My app problem is not of stopping in between as it is not starting only. It seems to work for a while. I can see the icon and the list of programs I can view. But if I select anything to view, it loads for a long time, I get the NOS logo but it just does not start streaming. Hope, Philips solves this issue with the NOS people and give us satisfactory service.

If you are updating via IP using automatic update, the version update is 140.25. But, this is not the latest software, just download 140.34 manually via a PC and install it to Net TV via an USB. I’ve not updated via PC and have the 140.25 version only since I do not suffer from any of the bugs listed in there. NOS have 3 icons in mine, the evening news, the latest news and the Children’s news and they are working fine on my TV. But if you have the problem try downloading NOS via the Uitzending gemist app. Check if it runs fine on that app. It may be a fault with the app.

I too watch NOS news everyday on NetTV it stops unexpectedly sometimes. I think it’s only at peak times, as the server can’t cope with the load. The annoying thing is that after starting again I can't forward to the point it stopped. It’s a buffering issue and is more occurring at the app 'Uitzending Gemist'. There are other issues as well in NetTV apps:
    MeteoConsult: the animation is not working. This makes it wastage, in YouTube no personal account is remembered and other minor problems in other problem. I believe Philips should contact seriously with its third parties to solve this problems.

I think after some complaints, the Philips have contacted the concerned third parties. The other app is now working well, they have solved the seeking problem and I have already noticed a improvement in NOS since the last update. Now the estimation is that video plays for 75%. Maybe NOS should take cue from the Italian service Drivecast. It uses a progress bar when the video needs to buffer halfway, so I can watch it till the end each time without any problem.