Thread: to reassign a red button on Philips NET TV

to reassign a red button on Philips NET TV

I am the regular user of Philips Net TV. I don’t have any problem with the working of my system till last week. But after that I faced some severe problem about the performance of my system. Actually I have assigned the red button on one of the channels on my TV in the evil Net TV / HbbTV service which is a different channel. But after that I cannot unassigned it. So my question is how I can unassigned or you can say unlink the red button so I can reassign the right channel Net TV / HbbTV service. Can anyone give me the proper idea to solve this problem? Please help me.

Re: to reassign a red button on Philips NET TV

I read your problem and I come to know that you have some confusion in setting of the Philips NET TV. I think I can give you some advice. I am giving you just advice but I am not sure about the result because I don’t have this type of problem in my work but I have some knowledge about it. I think in the IP EPG you have to press the option button. After that there should be an option to remove the assignment. Afterwards you should be able to reassign correctly the channel of your NET TV. In this way you can solve your problem. I hope this will work for you.

I want to give you some advice for solving your problem. you can try this tricks for your help. First you have to check out that your TV is connected to DVB-C the network EPG or not. And I tell you something you have to use the network EPG is used and the IP EPG for your help. This can work as a solution. Or you can do the factory restore by which all the sections will set to defaults. This trick sometimes be useful but using this trick you cannot assign the buttons to your desired option. That means you have to use the default setting for your access. This might be helpful to you.

I have some information about this topic this may or may not be useful for you. but I think this information has to be known to you for many purpose. generally, The network EPG does have options for this type of setting. But I don’t know where it will find in the NET TV. That means I don’t know the exact location for that. But you can try to reinstall all the channels so you can get the EPG functions like day selection, category filter etc. and this may fix the issue. In this way the problem may be solved. I wish to work this technique on your system.

After reading your problem I conclude that you have some difficulty in the assignment operation of the system. So I want to give you some suggestions for that. This might cause to remove the error. I think you have to update your firmware and the latest firmware upgrade (000.140.036.000) would provide a solution for your problem. because it has many features which can fix this kind of error. You should remember that the IP EPG has to be run on the background while this process. This will give you some idea to understand the real reason for this problem. and you can get the solution for that.

I also had same problem sometime before. So that’s why I want to give you some help. I want to tell you that you can use the reset option which is the best solution for you. I don’t know whether you have that option of reset or not because you did not mentioned the proper version of your device. But I think most of the popular devices has that options. This kind of problem may be found due to flashover or sometimes the "Option Bytes" leading to no access to the digital menu. So you can reset the option byte itself. it is complicated and can render the set useless if done incorrectly.

I can give you an advice to use the proper guide for the assignment of the buttons of the device. I think there is option is available on the Philips NET TV for resetting of the button. Actually you did not mention that which button you have to change so I cannot give you a perfect solution. But I am sure that there is an option of reset by the use of it you can solve your problem easily. I hope this may give worth to you. Thank you.