Thread: Net TV not working on Philips Blu ray player 5100

Net TV not working on Philips Blu ray player 5100

I bought Philips blu ray player 5100 this week and upgraded to firmware level 1.53 I got a high-quality Net TV button on my menu. On the other hand, since I could not entrée it. So far the Philips support have failed to give me an answer to this problem.I joined the Club Philips BDP all the way through, so the internet connection from there be supposed to be fine. I see the screen adage you have sent me and email and follow the instructions on that. If I do that and click “OK" Then you get to a page that says "Thank you for registering at the Club Philips" The button is available only in "OK". I click on it and bring me back to the 'Thank you for registering with the Club Philips "on the page. Every time I click OK it takes me back there. I tried reflashing the firmware: No change. I m not able to figure out exact problem.

Re: Net TV not working on Philips Blu ray player 5100

I was also facing the exactly similar problem. I did some troubleshooting: I tried to connect my TV directly to a separate modem over my normal modem / router. This worked! Had access to everything and has shown that the Club registration is not really necessary to access the features of Net TV. on the other hand, I do not require making use of my router and at the present my Bravia TV and my Human Foxsat both can do things well on the Internet, nevertheless the philips blu ray player with the same configuration in which it cannot.

Simulating the device to see if we can reproduce the strange behavior you describe. Your Philips BDP5100 productively connects to the portal. Club Philips registers has no effect on the performance of Net TV; you are capable also to choose to ignore the Philips Club registration.Its totally depend upon you. Maybe you can achieve greater stability by choosing the static IP address as an alternative by means of a dynamic IP address.

Until now, the firewall on the router should only block what is not happening to you so that should not be a problem as you can see the login screen, this is already online. So you can try is to ensure that the Blu ray Player is straight connected to the router that has an Internet connection don’t know when this problem will be solved I tried contacting Philips several time but no response from them.I am just waiting for the solution from philips customer care.

Actually, I had tried to establish a static IP address, but had made no difference, and yes, I doubt the firewall to stop working because there was not any attempt blocked and even set the DMZ did not work for BDP anything. Nevertheless the high-quality news that the modem / router completed some kind of factory reset on your own .and when they had installed new Net TV works fine through it! So I do not know why he was not working before, but luckily, is now working.