Thread: help on computer's GPU

help on computer's GPU

I bought this iBuyPower system from Newegg and it should be reaching in a few days. While I know my way around using a system pretty well, I'm not a tech guy and I don't have much of the idea about hardware and Computer technology. iBuyPower is known for delivering out garbage power supplies, that’s Why I have got a SeaSonic S12II 520w coming to fix that. I need you guys' help understanding what I can anticipate out of the Nvidia GeForce GT 520 (1gig) that the machine is delivered with. Is this a usable GPU for some of the newer games viz. Guild Wars 2, Starcraft2, and the newer FPSs.

Re: help on computer's GPU

Well all I would like to say to you that It's not a gaming GPU. It will most likely let you play games on low settings. I think that you should be looking for better Options like a GTX460 / 550Ti or enhanced version for decent gaming performance. Well do check it with this and if you still feel like seeking help you can have your issues here keep posting here so that I can assist you further

Well you are not the only person who suggested me that the GTX460 550 Ti. Although it looks like that it is cheaper, also it comes under my budget control for the GPU. Absolutely, it’s the food for thought. Both the 460 and 550 use PCI Express 2.0 x16 relations; can you tell me that will any computer with PCI Express sixteen connections accept these or do the computers have to be specked for 2.0 specifically?

Well as your system is being delivered with Nvidia GeForce GT 520 You will have following features:
    • Outstanding performance today - leading-edge technologies well optimized.
    • Good performance and battery life.
    • Game on with the latest DirectX11 titles

Well if you compare the above two suggested version the following info will be helpful. Theoretically speaking, the GeForce GTX 550 Ti is 14% faster than the GeForce GTX 460 overall, due to its privileged data rate. The GeForce GTX 550 Ti is quite a bit (approximately 33%) faster with regards to anti-aliasing than the GeForce GTX 460, and capable of handling higher resolutions more in fact. kindly note that the over 'benchmarks' are all just theoretical - the results were calculated based on the card's stipulation, and real-world performance may (and most likely will) vary at least a bit.