Thread: Windows 7 not recognizing multiple GPU

Windows 7 not recognizing multiple GPU

Hi, I was previously using NVIDIA GTX 560ti GPU in my machine but after that I recently purchased GTX 260 that I installed correctly in the machine but as I started the machine and when I was configuring the hardware by means of Nvidia Control Panel but it was not listing up another one, and I have tried too many time to figure out the actual problem but didn’t got the proper answer, so any idea what could be the problem? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 not recognizing multiple GPU

There might be too many problems associated with this issue, you should make sure that you are having a perfect compatible hardware in your machine then only you can utilize it with the current hardware. The most possible threat would be like you must have to use the same GPU in the machine or else you cannot use them parallel with the machine, thus I don’t think will be able to use them together.

There might be any issue with the BIOS that you are using in your machine, I mean to say either it don’t support this functionality or it is been corrupted thus according to me you should try to change them but you can have option as you should try to install the same and see whether the same problem is happening or not, but if the same thing happens again then you should install another one in your machine and you should download the latest one, that you’ll get from the respective site of your motherboard.

Do your motherboard has capability to support dual GPU because this is the essential thing that you have to taken in to consideration, and after all if motherboard don’t support this functionality then whatever you do with that you’ll not be able to use another GPU ever for sure. Thus you should check that first and then try again, let me tell you that you must have to have a SLI supportive motherboard so that you can install multiple GPU’s.

I am completely agree with the above user as there might be some problem with the BIOS itself thus if you have installed the proper rather latest BIOS In your machine then make sure that you have configured it properly, I mean to say that it’s not enough to install the latest driver but along with that you need to configure it for sure. After installing the latest driver you have to enable the SLI settings from the BIOS so that you can use both the GPU, but as the above use mentioned you need to have that capability of motherboard as well.

Yeah that’s the problem I think because when I was checking the same I came to know that there is problem with the cards itself they both are different, but still I want to know what could be the problem more over this? Anyways thanks for the suggestion that you have mentioned here and I have checked all of them but as usual that is of no use, and I am currently using ASRock p45R2000 motherboard.

That’s good as you got the problem but let me tell you that your motherboard is also not capable of handling dual GPU at the same time but still there could be one more problem which actually can causes this problem as if suppose the bridge which the motherboard uses is also one of the important factor can cause this problem, I might be either corrupted or not configured properly from the BIOS to detect the hardware.