Thread: awfully overheating Geforce 8800 gs GPU

awfully overheating Geforce 8800 gs GPU

Hi, I have purchase a new GPU for my machine and it is no doubt working perfectly but still after few hours the cabinet get hotter and hotter. And I have never experienced it ever before thus I just stop playing games and shut down the machine for some time but still the same as I start it. so what could be the problem? Why it just get overheated in fact I have placed the machine in very good ventilated place. Any suggestion how should I decrease this temperature. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: awfully overheating Geforce 8800 gs GPU

There might be too many problems that can cause such a problem with the machine. So you should first of all make sure that all the hardware are actually compatible with another hardware presented in the machine, because there might be a software problem or the hardware problem, you should check both of them before playing the game, and till that I would like to suggest you that you should not play the game that much time.

I was also having the similar problem with my machine and at that time I came to know that this is because of the incorrect driver that I have installed and as mentioned by the above user you should check whether you are using the appropriate driver as well with your current hardware, when we don’t have particular driver at that time hardware need to utilize more power from the power supply and that actually leads to overheating.

Have you ever edited any settings in the BIOS? Because changing the setting may cause such a problem, this doesn’t happens usually but if we don’t have the hardware which has a capability to run under pressure then it may cause this. So if you have edited any setting so please keep it back to the normal and if you are not familiar with this you should try to make all the settings to their default.

Are you using the perfect combination of the hardware in your machine? Because when I advanced my GPU at that time only I have changed the PSU as well, because the one which I was having currently was of lower watts and currently I am using 450W PSU with the GPU I have and I am not having any such problem with the machine, thus I think you should change the PSU for sure and make sure that you are using the latest drivers as well while running the game.

Do your GPU fan working perfectly? Have you ever had glance? Because see the major symptoms are like if the fan is not working or might be the machine is at the place where there is no ventilation of air, or else there is too much dirt and dust soiled around the hardware, you should change the place where you have been placed the machine, then you should always remove the dust from the hardware.

I am sure that it might be because of the hardware only thus you should check whether you have proper working hardware, and the most important thing which no one had mentioned here as this might be occur because of the custom gpu fan profile as well, I mean to say you can adjust the GPU fan settings from the control panel and if you have made some incorrect settings then first of all you should make then default, after that if you are not using proper driver then you should install them properly.