Thread: Need Nvidia graphics card compatible with all the operating systems

Need Nvidia graphics card compatible with all the operating systems

I have the old pc which is now not working properly for me. So I am now wanted to build new assembled pc. I want to use multiple operating systems in it. So my plan is to purchase three hard drives one will be dedicated to the windows xp other will be for the Linux distro which will be launching and one for the Red hat Linux. I want to purchase the graphics card which is compatible with all the operating systems form windows 98 to windows 7. Is there any such a graphics card by nvidia which can be running perfectly with all the windows os and linux also and able to play the games as well as hd DVD quality videos?

Re: Need Nvidia graphics card compatible with all the operating systems

So you want the graphics card which is compatible with all the os from windows 98. But the problem is that many of the graphics card now are has compatibility issues with the old operating systems which are launched before windows xp. so the new graphics card will be not work with windows 98. So if you want to run the windows 98 you will need the older graphics card model which is in my opinion is Nvidia 6600 GT. which is old model and can be compatible with all the operating system available in the market till date. Also linux disto detects it perfectly.

Yes as he said only the old graphics card are compatible with the operating system which are launched before windows xp. So 6600GT will be good choice. But only problem is that if you want to play the new games those games cant able to run by this graphics card. And the graphics card will be available for rupees around 2500 to 3000. And now the model is old enough so you have to search it more on the market. Or purchase it from online stores.

I am also using various operating systems for the testing purpose. So any graphics card which can able to run dvd quality videos will be better choose for the game. I will suggest you the nvidia 9600GT which can able to run the videos in hd quality as well as can run the games decently. But only problem is windows 98 and 2000 will be not run perfectly. But this graphics card is good. I will suggest you to use the virtual pc software to run the operating systems virtually. This software is used to test the operating systems so you can use it.

I will suggest you the virtual pc or virtual box software for the windows 98 and other operating system which are launched before windows xp and are not compatible with new graphics cards. And the graphics card I want to suggest which is compatible with the all the remaining operating system is 8800 GT. It’s really nice graphics card which can run any new game without any hiccup. And can run the hd dvd quality videos perfectly.

I haven’t tried to run the old operating system on my graphics card Nvida 9800GT. But the graphics card is perfectly will built card by nvida it is one of the great mid range graphics card which can detected by all the os that is it is compatible with all the windows from windows xp and linux will also recognize it. Since I have tried ubuntu disto on my system and this card was detected by it. So no problem with the linux only problem is with the windows 98 and 2000 since I am not confirmed about the compatibility. But I heard that many of the new graphics card are not compatible with those operating system.

I am right now using nvidia 8600GT graphics card. It is best for the decent gaming as well as for watching the dvd quality videos. So I will suggest you to by this card. There are also in market amd graphics card which you can also use. You want to run the older operating system which launched before windows xp then many of the cards are facing compatibility problem. I have installed the windows 98 on my pc with this graphics card active but it can’t get detected in the 98. But the os is running perfectly. linux will also detect this card.