Thread: Gigabyte GTX 480 SOC is around 80 degree in games

Gigabyte GTX 480 SOC is around 80 degree in games

Right now I am discussing a thread regarding Gigabyte GTX480 SOC. I have verified through furmark as well as occt and the video card is running within these stress tests by the side of 100 degrees, fans lying on 100%. However in games it is in the region of 80. Is it expected to be similar to this? Do you think that it is normal? Should I need to RMA the card? What do you suggest regarding this?

Re: Gigabyte GTX 480 SOC is around 80 degree in games

If the GTX 480 has suffered from a paradox, with leading performance in single GPU, his reputation made him a hard time because of its noise and heat of his exaggerated. Gigabyte line with the SOC has given a second life in the GTX 480, by taking away its two main faults, but could do nothing for the consumer component. High frequencies 821/1642/3800 MHz, and 3x heatpipe Windforce be enough to convince you, as proposed at $ 470, it comes into confrontation with the GTX 580.

Providing up to 1.1V and 1.6 V for the GPU to memory as standard voltages, which should already allow more than the overclocked GTX 480 reference, the best feature of this is the key LN2 vga mode: by pressing the button in 'at the bottom right corner of the card and rebooting the computer will set up a standard BIOS for extreme overclocking and a custom firmware that gives access to a wider range of voltages. Gigabyte calls it the' LN2 'BIOS eg ArĂ* given the adjustment VGPU up to 1.4V and the memory voltage up to 1.85V, In addition, there are optimizations against the cold-bug, a problem that can afflict the CPU and GPU when cooled at temperatures below zero.

The problem I speak first hand when it comes to my SLi is that this version of sinks is not optimal for a dual setup. If you do not have much space and plenty of fresh air dissipation plummets. The example with my graphics are clear, the bottom does not go up under any circumstances of the 54th and the top is set to about 66 and all this with a good separation that allows me my plate. If now we set this example for 2 GTX480 SOC are around 20 hotter than my GTX560 and hopped on a normal box imagining how bad it will pass the GTX480 SOC above.

Regardless, the GTX which are already used to 91 C are no problems when the fan is properly regulated and there may be even more power. With - personally I'd just turn up the fan a little bit more, as long as the noise does not bother her before everything fits. And then she holds not only from the guaranty period, but for a while longer.

As many of you know, for about 6 months, preceded by much skepticism due to endless repeated delays, Nvidia launched what until recently was the flagship on the recent Fermi core architecture, which came to replace its previous product line generation. In the initial landing, the model should GTX480 compete as equals with direct competition from AMD-ATI, who had been much longer established in the market. The GTX480 is presented with impressive credentials priori, but as always there must be some but was not without some negative aspects that made him a very attractive product for many users. And is that the temperature should dissipate its core haunted by the media as the 90-100 degree C temperature.

The first and most obvious thing in GTX 580 SOC is its cooling system in a not insignificant sink dimensions covering virtually the entire PCB topped with three fans, low profile that will be responsible for keeping at bay the beast. The second, though circumstantial, it is still more attractive to overclockers ABEZ since it has 12 +2 Power Phases to give it special stability and also includes a second bios easily accessible via a button on the PCB ready for cases OC extreme as LN2 cooled.