Thread: Suggestions for building Nvidia video card in "New" Core 2 Duo

Suggestions for building Nvidia video card in "New" Core 2 Duo

My sister gave me her old mobo (Dell), after a closer look it had a Core2Duo E8400 on it. So I'm trying to build a reasonable gaming platform around. I need advice on a small selection of motherboards that allow moderate (air) and sli overclocking luck. I would go with a nvidia video card based build that I've never built one before. I will most likely drop 460 on it. My price range is in the 40-60 range used. Thanks for the advice.

Re: Suggestions for building Nvidia video card in "New" Core 2 Duo

If I was to just sell it and use the money for a better combination. States of Ohio's location does not have a downtown within striking range of you? If you want to go ahead and get a MB and play with overclocking will have to look towards the top end MB S775 though. Is that the stock FSB is 1333 going to be more or less at random to the MB S775 lowest price in the past? Well, at least from my experience in the old days. Budget tables did a great job with chips like the E5200.

If you want SLI, S775, perhaps overclocking, you're in a bit of a combined. The only chipsets that hold SLI S775 platform is Nvidia chipsets. Unfortunately (or perhaps the opposite), Nvidia has exited the chip business. So no new plates are available with support SLI NV. The other problem is that the S775 NV chipset boards were generally horrible overclockers, compared with their counterparts from Intel. Hope my advise helps you.

Now there are some hacked drivers that allow SLI, for example, X38/X48 motherboards. At this point, it's not worth spending a ton S775 build a first class team, better take into account 1155. Even a cheap board and i3 Z68 2100-games would be better for a E8400, probably even considering overclocking the E8400. (You can OC the i3-2100).

The 775 is a platform for people and, frankly, would not put more money into what is budgeted. Here is an EVGA nForce 730i file B that is not compatible with SLI, only one video card. And it's only $ 40 and has an nVidia chipset with one PCI-E x16 slot. Since you do not want SLI at all should be no reason to upgrade unless the directory is very bad and Dell do not have one on board PCI-E or may be physically a PCI-E x16, but only running speed electrically x8 or x4.

The intended recycling machine from Dell, which had always been known to do some proprietary components is I recall (and request a correction if some deem it necessary), this applies to memory modules. Or the Foxconn board (Intel chipset, I guess) or something like nVidia 730 someone mentioned or my personal recommendation from a used eVGA 780i, and even better the "FTW" version of the card. But I really doubt you'll have much luck finding the "available".