Thread: Probable fix for micro-stuttering

Probable fix for micro-stuttering

Hi, I have a NVIDIA GPU installed in my machine and I used to play games on that, but as I have started getting the problem with the FPS and the micro stutter, Exactly don’t know because of what this is happening, but still this is annoying for sure. And when I search for this issue on internet I didn’t get the exact solution rather not a single working solution. So whether this is a permanent problem or is there any fix for this as well? any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Probable fix for micro-stuttering

Let me tell you that there isn’t any problem comes permanently, so you may get the solution that’s the surest thing. And I was also having the same problem and I would say this is just because of the unsuitable drivers, and some people only considers the graphic drivers while such issue appears but at the same moment audio driver also cause such a problem, here while we concern the audio drivers I would say audio latency is very crucial thing, to avoid the audio skip and crackle while playing the game.

I am completely agree with the above user as you should try to get the suitable driver first for all the hardware that you are using, such as GPU, for audio devices, or for the motherboard. And then see whether the same is happening or not. and if suppose the motherboard that you’re using has SLI support so make sure that you have installed a perfect driver and along with that a perfect SLI bridge also, because that is the essential thing.

You can have option as from the power management you can set the processor power, and see how much it is been utilized. It should be 100%, if there is some problem you need to set it again, and whatever it would be make it 100. And then see if you are having the same problem or not. and as the above user mentioned you need to have a proper driver off course.

I would like to tell you the trick that I have used for controlling the FPS, I hope this would work, and for that you have to download the software called FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar, as soon as you download it to your machine, you need to extract it, from where the file gets extracted, you have to find the file called Fallout3.exe and that you’ll get under search executable, as you get it again beneath maximum FPS choose a frame rate between 35fps and 55fps, my recommendation is to have 50 FPS, and after that select create bat, and locate the .INI file in which you have extracted the files. You need to find the files called iFPSClamp and set it to whatever frame rate that you have selected.

See this kind of problem occurs while you utilize convention fan speed to maintain your GPU's cooling, and if suppose you have done the same thing I would like to suggest you some of the quick fixes that you can apply. First of all Disable steady fan speed increases, and for that select your idle fan speed and Load fan speed, after selecting them you need to ensure that which temperature to start your load fan speed, and then set up your profile again. and yeah the most important thing is like don’t forget to change the modernize time to 10s.

This is noticeable in some of the games only as if we consider DIRT 2 when VSYNC is allowed while the fan switches from 30% to 50%. And that’s the major problem with the micro stuttering. So for that you can have option to run the fan at the recommended speed or you can make use of corresponding clock speeds on the cards. And off course the drivers also plays most important role, you have to ensure them as well that whether you are using the suitable one.