Thread: Need advice to Upgrade Video Card for dell optiplex 745

Need advice to Upgrade Video Card for dell optiplex 745

Well I currently have a Dell Optiplex 745 SFF machine and am looking to upgrade the graphics card with a low profile GPU. I'm confused on what specs to look for in a video card. Anyone can give advice about my Dell Optiflex 745 Desktop system. I want to upgrade video card present on it and also make its faster. I hope many people have do this task. Then please suggest me some thoughts to do this task. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need advice to Upgrade Video Card for dell optiplex 745

If you need to run Crysis at 1280x1024 (or higher), you've got the wrong PC. This PC is to be not provide the video card for playing this kind of high resolution games on this system. For doing this installation and execution you need to just add another video card onto it. You can look at several low profile PCIe video cards. you need to make sure that they come with the low profile bracket because your desktop may not contain high configuration based components.

the ATI HD 4350, HD 4550, HD5450, HD 5550 and HD 5570 are few option to this dell optiplex 745 desktop system. This will be work on the dell system and it won’t give any compatibility problem for most of the time. You need to just buy any one video card and then follow the installation process mentioned on the manual of the video card. It works to solve your video card searching problem. This is the best to solve problem.

An Ion card would be a better choice with DVI, VGA, and HDMI. This is the newly launched video card and it will be work on the dell system. The official site of the dell has to be mentioned that this will not give any compatibility problem. You need to just buy this video card and then put in pci express expansion slot. This will be work after installing the suitable driver of this video card. Hence do this task and experience performance of the system.

If you have a full tower, most PCIe cards will effort very well. If you have a desktop or small form factor your option will be restricted due to the necessity of a low profile video card. I'm having a hard time trying to find the specifications of your certain computer. I think you need to first visit the official site of the dell and then find your system configuration. It also mentions the compatible video card. Use any one and then insert it onto your system.

I am thinking of upgrading the graphics card to GTX 460 on my DELL optiplex 745. This will be work without giving any kind of problem. Now I was able to play the high configuration based video game on this system. This is the best and it will be help to solve the graphics problem. I found the installation process onto the official site of the Nvidia. You need to use this information and then add this card on your system.