Thread: Fix drivers without display

Fix drivers without display

How do I uninstall my corrupt drivers and re-install good drivers without display?

I was using onboard graphics with my tv as a monitor, then decided to take my 8800gt out of the other computer since I have two. I installed the driver, restarted the computer, then didn't finish installing and instead shut the computer off. I plugged in the graphics card, and the tv reads no display. I plugged it back into mob but still no display. Now the graphics card and onboard graphics both won't work. I plugged in an old monitor- same thing.

I took out the motherboard battery and unplugged the power supply and held down the power button for 3 minutes to discharge all power. Still, no display.

How can I uninstall the old drivers and re-install new drivers without seeing what I'm doing?

kimsharma Guest

Re: Fix drivers without display

I had a similar problem with my parents old computer. It turned out to be an overheating problem with the Hard Drive. When it would get hot, it sometimes could not access drivers and would dump those drivers and resort back to the stock windows vga driver.

I assume it is a desktop. If the driver updates and new card don't work, try blowing it out, make sure the fans are still working, add more fans, put elastics around your IDE cables (be careful), add a hard drive cooler - anything to increase air flow.