Thread: Is there any availability of Full HD 3D TV

Is there any availability of Full HD 3D TV

I have been watching a lot of ads on TV and on Internet about different 3D TV manufacture using a term called Full HD 3D TV with their products. But still I am unable to actually make out what actually does that means. I am planning to get one of those 3D TVs in recent times. So I am confused which one is better. So I wanted to first of all clear all my doubts regarding the issue. So can anyone explain me which are the brands that actually are full HD 3D TVs among all the 3D TVs which are currently available in the market?

Re: Is there any availability of Full HD 3D TV

Yes, I have also come across the “Full HD” phrase in recent times and have noticed many people are using this term. They usually use the “Full HD” term to describe 1080p. I am not sure but I feel that any 1080p 3D HDTV can be called as the "full HD 3d TV". But personally saying I am strictly against the following term “full HD”. I am just guessing what funny phrases will be used when some higher resolutions are made available for HDTV. I feel that anything 720p and more should be considered as “full HD”.

A lot depends on the type of 3D technology you are using in the HDTV which you are looking for. I have noticed that maximum of the 3D HDTVs are using active shutter technology in them. This technology is capable of efficiently sending full 1080p image to each eye of the viewer. The real working is that it will switch back and forth between the viewer’s left-eye and the right-eye frames. This switching is very fast and thus not much recognizable, whereas, the normal LCD shutters in the glasses will be blocking one eye at a time followed by the other one.

The only issue with 3D HDTV is that the 3D glasses are heavy and require batteries. They are quite expensive as well. Sometimes they will even cost you about $150 for a pair. The main disadvantage is that they are not standardized. There is no guarantee that 3D Glasses of one particular brand will be working with some other brand’s HDTV. You can find that few HDTV sets are using passive polarized 3D that is using light and cheaper 3D glasses. Here the disadvantage is that you will be getting only half of the pixels for each image.

Hey guys, I am using a Mitsubishi set and am really enjoying it. I don’t find the 3D glasses to be heavy at all. May be it seems to be heavy only for those people who are not used to wearing glasses. But as I am stuck to my glasses for most of the time in my day, I am very much comfortable in using my Mitsubishi 3D set. As for the resolution part, I am not sure about it but mostly it appears that most of the sources for 3D pictures are not 1080p. I have seen almost all using the 720p. But still, I am not sure about this and there are chances of some changes in the following.

In short, I will say that Full HD = 1080p whereas the Regular HD = 720p. You will find it a bit hard to find 720p Regular HD on HDTVs these days. You can get 3D HDTVs in almost all the TV brands at present. So, you can look for Sony, Panasonic, LG, Samsung etc Brands if your wish too. But I would remind you that all the HD broadcasts are at 720p. And the HDTV which are unable to handle HD signals are defective. Every 1080p HDTV currently available in the market are capable of handling both 720p and 1080i signals.