Thread: Random Black Screen with Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GI

Random Black Screen with Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GI

I have got a Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GI graphics card for my gaming computer. At the fist several weeks it was working flawlessly but then I started getting random black screens and some kind of error message saying that the display driver has stopped responding and has successfully improved. I have tried the different drivers and there were no corrupted drivers. I have also tried different PSU but no use at all. I don’t know what is wrong with this thing suddenly. Following are my computer specifications:
    • Intel Core 2 Duo e6850 Processor
    • Asus P5QL-E motherboard
    • OCZ Gamexstream 700watt PSU
    • 4gb pc6400 2x2gb RAM
    • Creative xfi xtreme music

Re: Random Black Screen with Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GI

Well, it doesn’t seem to me like major issue in your case. What you need to do now is to dust off the fan, it has to cool the GPU, and otherwise you will burn your video card. If you have an integrated graphics chipset on your motherboard, you must switch to it in case of serious problems. Check whether the capacitors may be inflated or not. This may happen due to an overheating GPU or wear. Attempts to restart the fan removes much dust on the rad too.

I tested with another screen and unfortunately the same problem. In fact this time I had the black screen right after the game launch at the opening menu. Maybe the video card sucks energy and sometimes is unable to start because the power supply is not powerful enough. Or maybe the monitor does not bootstrap the signal of the video card. Me too sometimes happens when you run boot from XP installation CD

I started by checking all the connections, assuming a miscarriage contact. But everything was plugged in and the problem persists. I do not have another PC available to test the screen, but will have to try that. The problem is that it is quite possible that nothing happens, as can spend an entire day without the screen freezes. Regarding the graphics card, I do not know how, but I will address this issue. Furthermore It looks a lot like an overheating of your graphics processor. You can try the shelves with built-in fan which lay on your mobile, but it is not very efficient. If you have a little space above your CPU you can try to change the cooling pad for something bigger, but before coming to the solution is trying to screw find a program to measure the heat of your proc and see if the failure is really there.

Did the manufacturer of the video drivers loaded. Making use of Windows for me not what he intended. Check out the exact times PCIe x16 slot, and also the contacts on the card. Clean the contacts in doubt at the map and see if the card is too much in the slot and pushes them down - the one with the slot brackets compensate somewhat. The slots are also happy with the heat of such a card something Form bar over time so that it can possibly come to some places to contact failure.

It's usually contact problem or defect maps. In rare cases, PSU or motherboard. In even rarer cases, a faulty memory cause but rather a faulty or not properly applied SSD partition (alignment inappropriate). They are hardware technical things that fall directly into my eye yet. Well, if you can use a different graphics card the first PCIe 16x slot, it is difficult to identify the motherboard as guilty. I had a 470 with VGA card, the same problems on my motherboard with the same error messages that I was able to fix by replacing the VGA card. You can be sure the motherboard RMA to send us but please try a precaution, the first time slot with another VGA card, otherwise it is difficult.

It seems to me similar to one of those occurrences where the graphics card doesn't akin to being overclocked the method the industrial unit does it. This occurs occasionally and if that is the case you have some choices. You can moreover RMA the card, return it toward the seller otherwise downclock it toward average levels. If you know how to overclock you are able to frequently followed by Overclock it yourself and obtain still quicker consequences.