Thread: Can't unlocked BIOS for Sapphire 5770

Can't unlocked BIOS for Sapphire 5770

Hi, I have a sapphire 5770 GPU and I was thinking to overlocking it, and done that after all, and it was pretty stable at its default clocks 850/1200. And when I was trying to flash mu current BIOS with The Asus 5770 unlocked bios , With Winflasher, and after sometime it happens that my machine was actually locked and off course the card too so I have tried lot to unlock it but didn’t get successful, any suggestion ? thanks.

Re: Can't unlocked BIOS for Sapphire 5770

I think you need to update the BIOS that you have, because without that you’ll not be able to unlock it, or there might be any software that may help you with this but I am not very much sure about this, because I haven’t seen it yet, but I am sure after installing the newer BIOS you’ll easily get out of this problem for sure, but this time remember one thing as you should not flash it again.

You can have another option as you have to remove the CMOS battery from your motherboard and keep it aside for some time and then again connect it to the motherboard, this will simply clear all the previous cache from the computer, and you’ll be able to access The BIOS again in your machine. and let me tell you that by flashing you cannot overclock the GPU as GPU also have to have that capability to accommodate those changes.

Is it locked through any password protection? Than you can have another option to remove the power cable from the motherboard for 5 to 10 minutes and then reattach it to the motherboard, this will also does the same as CMOS, but sometimes CMOS doesn’t help any ways so this is the best option for those who have already tried the CMOS removing.

You can also make use of the third party software for this, as through that you can simply remove the password from the BIOS, and you can simply have a access to the BIOS. And for overclocking the GPU you need to have software’s like softfsb or clockgen to increase the actual rate of the GPU. But before doing this you need to check whether your hardware capable of handling the changes, because after doing these sometimes it happens as the GPU gets overheated.