Thread: Digital Channels are not listed in Brighthouse Cable Box

Digital Channels are not listed in Brighthouse Cable Box

I have connected my Brighthouse cable box to my TV with the help of HDMI cable. The cable box (CB) is working very well when i am using the Sony remote to change channels, record TV shows / movies, and use the guide. However, when I am searching for a channel above 75, nothing is displayed. All my digital channels 100 + are not included. What possibly might be an issue with my TV? How I can solve m problem? Does anyone know any good solution for the same issue? Please help me guys.

Re: Digital Channels are not listed in Brighthouse Cable Box

I am not sure about the problem that you are facing as this is a very new issue for me as well. You should go to the channel list and edit the same as per your requirement. You should try entering the channel number manually and check whether you are able to view the channels or not. Also go and check whether the “HD” option is checked in your settings option or not. If it is unchecked then you should check the HD checkbox to get a better viewing options.

Thank you, for replying so quickly. I performed as you mentioned. And luckily I was able to view the channels if I manually inserted the channel number. Now the Cable Box is working. But the problem still exists. I am not able to search for channels above 75. Now this seems to be irritating me a lot. Also, I wanted to know how I can make it possible for my TV Google to automatically recognize all the digital channels? Also the HD option which you mentioned is already checked.

According to me the issue is with the TV Guide information on your Television. You should probably contact the service provider regarding this issue. They are the best know people who will be able to resolve your issue in most appropriate way. They will be checking your issue and will be working on it to resolve the issue. Once they have solved the issue, all your TV guide data will be broadcasted in one particular channel. So, in short, ask your service provider to solve your issue.

Even after performing all the above mentioned issue, if you are not able to solve the problem, then I would recommend you to perform a factory reset in your device. Once you have performed the same, you should perform new channel scan. After resetting the device to its out0of-box settings and then doing a new channel scan has proved to be a very good suggestion for many people, including me. So, I will definitely suggest you to do the same. Make sure that after performing the following steps you have to keep your TV switched off for many hours.

There is some kind of problem with the Brighthouse Cable Box which you are using. It can be related to hardware or software or even both. So, in this situation, the best known people whom I think will alone be able to help you out get rid of this irritating issue are the technically sound people who are available at the Sony Stores. So, you should also search for Sony Store and take help from its Support staff. If the product is still under warranty period and if you have not void the warranty then you can easily get the service done for free.