Thread: How to use Sony Internet TV NSX-40GT1 as a Computer?

How to use Sony Internet TV NSX-40GT1 as a Computer?

Hello everyone and sorry if my question seem to stupid kinda, but actual it is not, as I am planning for getting a New Sony Internet TV NSX-40GT1 but thinking that whether I will able to use it as monitor of computer as I had search on many site and not finding any specific answer anywhere and I just want to know this much that whether I will able to use it or not. So please clear me this issue and also tell about the set up process if possible. Thanks a lot.

Re: How to use Sony Internet TV NSX-40GT1 as a Computer?

Even I had gone on the Sony website for getting some information about this support and even they are not clear with this issue. So you will able to connect and use your Sony TV as replacement for your computer desktop and for this you have covert your DVI connection along with a DVI with HDMI connector and then insert that with a HDMI connection and most probably after doing you are doing with almost all procedure.

Yeah this is totally right way to connect and use your Sony internet Television as desktop for your system and as you will able to connect you computer while using an HDMI connection for input of your internet television and for instruction now you can go to the official site and follow the proper step for completing this procedure. Hopes this information will help you.

As I had recently bought Sony NSX-32GT1 and while even have the similar question before I had purchased it, and think that DVI to HDMI converter will work without too much trouble. But seriously it don’t work out after purchased and at the time PC restart, it got displayed on the Google TV, and at the time BIOS will also visible and for that I had manage to certain customization with the resolution on my PC and then take the same setting to Internet TV and after trying different resolution at last it started working for me, and it will also works for you, so for that you will also have to try out different resolution on your Sony model, as this might worked for you.

Only computer could be connected with Internet TV while making use of DVI - HDMI cable. And while the internet tv are only compatible with TV timing to the connected computer. So if is the case then your pc will now able to utilize 1280X720 or 1920X1080 resolution. And verify whether your PC has been setup with output from any of this resolution setting and earlier than connecting that with the internet TV.

You might require to modify the display area to obtain the picture on full screen.
    And for getting rid of over scan procedure => Set - Picture and sound => Screen adjustments => Display Area= > and then Auto setting (require to unmarked that) and in the last Manual Setting (require to be Full pixel or either +1 that’s depends on the timing) and I would also suggest to change the picture mode with the Graphics by follow the below steps:
    Picture and sound then Picture adjustments and at last with Picture mode at Graphics. And you are completed with all the procedure for using your internet TV as Desktop for Computer.