Thread: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error on Alienware M15x

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error on Alienware M15x

I have owned Alienware M15x laptop with nVidia GTX260M and I was using windows vista in my laptop. My laptop was working fine but some days before I have upgraded my operating system with windows 7 and after that my laptop has started giving me one problem. Now whenever I start the laptop at that time after booting the windows 7 my screen goes completely black and after some seconds when screens comes back at that time it gives me the message that "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered". Now please tell me what I should do to fix this.

Re: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error on Alienware M15x

It sounds like your laptop is not recognizing your graphic driver properly or some of your driver files have gets corrupted and that is why I would like to suggest you that you should reinstall the graphic driver and after that you will not get the same problem with your laptop. try this solution and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. If you still find any difficulty after that then let me know.

Re: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error on Alienware M15x

I have gone through your post and I think you should try this solution by trying this solution. First of all you have to confirm that you have selected High Performance in power options section and you have to also check that PCI express setting is turned OFF. If the PCI express setting is turned on then you have to turned it off and after that restart the laptop and then check whether same problem is coming or not. I hope after doing t hat you will not get this issue after trying this solution.

If you don’t know about turning of the PCI express setting and selecting the high performance in power option then you can follow this steps.
    • First open the control panel in your laptop and after that click on the hardware and sound.
    • Now after clicking on that you will find the power options.
    • Now click on that and after that select the edit plan setting option.
    • Now after doing that you have to choose high performance from first dropdown list
    • After doing that you have to click on the PCI express setting and then turned it off.
    • Now click on the OK.

After that check whether same problem is coming after that or not.

You can also try this solution to fix this issue. First you have to uninstall the driver from your laptop and after that you have to download the driver Sweeper in your laptop and then install it in your laptop and after installing that run it. Make sure that all the previous drivers are gone. Now after that insert the laptop driver CD in your laptop and after that install the driver again. Now after doing that you will not get any issue with your laptop.

I think you are facing this problem because the driver which you are trying in your Alienware M15x is not compatible with the operating system. If you want to fix this issue then you have to visit the official website of your laptop and after that select your laptop and then click on the download driver’s option. Now after doing that you have to select your operating system and then download it in your laptop and then install it. before you install you have to make sure that you have removed all previous drivers. Now after installing the drivers you have to restart the laptop. After doing that your problem will get solved.

There was same problem with my laptop also and I have tried to solve this problem in so many ways but it dint give me any result. After that I have also tried to fix this problem by installing updated drivers in my laptop but it didn’t make any difference. I have tried to solve this by reinstalling the operating system In my laptop and then my problem gets solved. I think you should think you can try this trick in your laptop. I hope this solution will be helpful to you.