Thread: Sloppy and laggy mouse cursor movement’s with newer Nvidia drivers

Sloppy and laggy mouse cursor movement’s with newer Nvidia drivers

I'm not a kind of noob in PC and this is not my first rodeo. I used almost all mouse and LCD screen in the market. I am very sensitive to delay notice of entry. I'm not sure that the driver requires ongoing problem, but at the same time using a GTX 260 in Win7 x64, I noticed that new drivers after the 189.xx series have mouse cursor movement terrible lag. Feels like extra delay of 10-20ms input was added to these latest drivers. 186.82 Drivers who used to work around this problem do not have this problem at all. I considered the issue was due to me with a GTX 260 with the latest drivers of Fermi, but I just make a brand new team with 570 GTX and the same problem is still there. I 186.82 drivers to avoid this problem with my old card, but now I have a GTX 570 and I cannot.

Re: Sloppy and laggy mouse cursor movement’s with newer Nvidia drivers

I would estimate that delay is something like 10-15ms effort increased. Many people will not realize that just do not notice input lag 60ms Samsung S-PVA LCD. For others, these problems are unbearable. I'm ready to break this letter on my head. My only option is to spam this theme throughout all the forums on the Internet until it becomes a big problem that they are forced to fix it or pull the card away and spend more money on an ATI.

You are guess that the extra frames added buffer is not in the nvcpl - the default is still 3 and have been for quite some time. To say you're "sensitive" to the backlog of 0.01 to 0.02 seconds and now there is "a flat piece of input delay slapped on top" until the circumstances has become intolerable do nothing for any specific change. Claiming that those who do not "feel" the delay and have no complaints are similar to the unwashed masses and should not be allowed to participate does not quantify anything but their sense of elitism.

So I tried this with exactly what controls? I find it hard to believe that the demand was even used by each mouse and monitor on the market. Just saying that a statement is not to do, ever, because the fact of the matter is, except you've traveled the world through all available monitors and mouse around the world, has not used all of them. Simply states that everything that happens is ridiculous. It simply indicates that you may feel lag that may amount to 10 ms, when in reality is 0.01 of a second; I also find it hard to believe. Even if it does, this should not be a troublesome issue, as the average response time of a person's thumb is about 5 ms, and do not realize that the finger does not move immediately when you tell her.

I myself have not noticed important latency issues NVIDIA drivers on any version of the driver, and part of my work is the analysis of latency visible at the entrance. Bearing in mind that most of our products are used, moreover with GeForce and Quadro cards / drivers, and specified the kind of environments our products are used in the existence of an issue as it would be extremely serious. The spam messages a user does not even come close when you consider that some of our clients with a full team dedicated to analyzing user latency to the final result.

I'm also a user of the G9x, and as someone pointed out, the configuration is odd. Using mouse acceleration is also very important person considered a no-no for serious gaming. While I agree that the settings themselves are a fixed variable in this example, you can be 100% that not anything else has altered in the system from the 186.82 drivers were released? Also note that - high DPI does not assure low latency.

If we consider only 10 to 20 ms of delay on user input, that is below the levels that we can perceive. If you have any perceptible latency, there is more at stake and what is being estimated. Well you can figure it out what exactly it is. Survey speed and Vsync are good places to start as someone suggested. Like other USB devices. Well you can try with this. If you still have any doubts than you can ask me.