Thread: H.264 with full DXVA support on WindBox DE220 with Mobility Radeon HD4330

H.264 with full DXVA support on WindBox DE220 with Mobility Radeon HD4330

Just purchased a WindBox DE220 with a Mobility Radeon HD 4330 inside it. .Currently, following a few tweaking I am capable to play most h.264 with complete DXVA support. The processor was stable while playing 1080p movies along with some other tasks. Now, if i attempt to install the most up-to-date catalyst mobility package from ATI/AMD driver page, DXVA is not going to work in any way. I have tried different one also but no use. I heard that for Windows vista and Windows 7, the rest issues has been fixed in Catalyst 10.4 but it won’t work for me.

Re: H.264 with full DXVA support on WindBox DE220 with Mobility Radeon HD4330

I've attempted many drivers to obtain a lag-free familiarity on this comparatively feeble machine, still tried the mobilitymodder application to mod the unbranded authorized drivers to support MSI (to comprise AVIVO and so on.) except either I obtain an updated catalyst center devoid of Avivo, otherwise I obtain the green display in videoplayers. Furthermore since DXVA stopped functioning within ATI drivers, there's not anything I can carry out to get better HD playback. I am just looking for the release notes now.

The drivers are not updated since is it's extremely laggy for full screen flash streaming video. I am assuming the driver does not support hardware increase of rate. Countless flash videos are within the h.264 format. If I employ the offered drivers, flash does not attempt to accelerate. If I make use of the latest mobility drivers 11.3, I obtain green video, plus sound for a slight while. If I put out of action hardware acceleration inside flash settings, after that the performance is the similar as the drivers MSI offer.

AMD/ATI hardware decoding of H.264 video inside Flash Player 10.2 is supported on top of AMD/ATI creations by means of UVD2 through the ATI Catalyst Software Suite, beginning with edition 9.11 intended for the ATI Radeon family of cards, and driver discharge 8.68 intended for the ATI FirePro series. Supported graphical processing unit contain: Radeon HD 4xxx plus higher; Mobility Radeon HD 4xxx series plus later; Radeon HD 3xxx plus later; and some FirePro series.

On the other hand the DE220 box may have a particular edition of the mobility processor that does not hold up flash acceleration (h.264 in the middle of accelerated formats)? However the opening post here appears to point toward that there is at any rate a few form of h.264 acceleration inside the processor utilized. Therefore it may be a driver problem. You should ask the ATI or AMD to resolve this as soon as possible.

I don’t know what to tell now. Some are saying that it is the driver issue and some saying that it is the hardware acceleration issue. By the way do you think that the GPU which you are using really compatible with catalyst driver. I don’t think that there could be any kind of driver related issue. AS you know that the new drivers are really meant for that GPU. It must be something else that is causing the video or DXVA support. Something is still lacking and you don’t know about it yet.

I think that you are forgetting something, like hardware upgrade, driver, or any settings which is necessary to make it work in any manner. Have you checked the latest video codecs available for video player? The video codecs also play important role here as I think. H.264 is not rare video format and many video players are compatible with this. I need some time to know about this issue and find proper cause and solution. I have to ask some experts who are familiar with this.