Thread: Graphics card malfunction while loading Windows 7 over Windows xp

Graphics card malfunction while loading Windows 7 over Windows xp

Hi guys I am looking for a little advice if possible. I loaded Windows XP 7 in a few weeks ago. The first thing lost email addresses, but due to good advice on this forum, which now recovering. The next thing I noticed was that my sound card was not available for Windows 7. This morning, though I have no sound, I load a video of the family to see. Suddenly, the movements of each person are choppy to say the least! Then upload a movie and saw the same thing. Now it seems that my graphics card is missing, and my sound card! So wondered if anyone can recommend a decent graphics card for Windows 7.

Re: Graphics card malfunction while loading Windows 7 over Windows xp

Are you quite sure that you have up-to-date drivers for you Graphics card and Sound card? When you upgrade your Operating System, especially from XP, you can no longer use the disks that came with your PC. You'll have to go to the manufacturer’s site and download the current driver set. If you provide us with the make and model of your PC, we'll have a look around for the proper drivers for you.

Well if you want to check if your drivers are current or not follow the path provided below: Start Menu > Right click 'Computer' and choose Manage from the list > Select Device Manager from the list in the right hand pane. Any device that is currently running without a driver will have a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it. I hope this may solve your issue. All the best.

Hey buddy even I am having the same problem. I do actually have a little yellow triangle against the following: PCI Standard PCI-PCI Bridge Could that is the problem I wonder? Well I don’t have any idea about this but even I am waiting for someone to solve this problem. I think you can take help from the one from whom you have bought a PC. I hope they might solve the problem if possible.

If it's a custom build, then rather than the make/model, we need to know which components they put together for you. Download Piriform Speccy (Free) then install it. When it's installed - should only take a moment - run it ad click Summary on the left hand pane. Then go to: File > Save as text file and save it to your desktop, just so you have quick access to it. Then come back here, and post it as an attachment in your next post. That will allow us to see what you currently have, so we can properly recommend driver updates, and/or upgrades - wherever necessary.

Ok, so you don't currently have a discrete graphics card, just the integrated GPU on your motherboard. If you go Start > All Programs > Windows Update. That's your best bet for finding any updated drivers for it. Search for new updates; check all the important updates, and all the optional updates. They will download, install and then request a restart. If you do reboot when done, regardless of whether there was a graphics update in there, it may sort your problem. Sometimes it seems like x may be the problem, but actually it's just some weird issue that no one could have predicted, that an update fixed leaving us none the wiser. If it's still not working correctly, and you would like to buy a cheap GPU to sort it out, then, presuming you’re not a gamer, I would recommend this 5450. It should be sufficient for your requirements, and is inactively cooled, so there's no extra nose to ruin your peace and quiet. However, if airflow in your case isn't great, and you don't mind the noise, preferring to keep cool - then you could always go for this actively cooled model.

Well I think that ATi 7000 IGP or PCI Graphics Card I see it as. It is basically very weak for Windows 7 visual effects or Hardware acceleration etc. I think can you download CPUZ and tell me what the motherboard + graphics interface is. I doubt you would have a PCI-E slot on a motherboard that old. THIS would be better since its PCI, there’s a PCI slot on almost every motherboard made since 1998.