Thread: How to fix black screen when switching to 1080p resolution.

How to fix black screen when switching to 1080p resolution.

Recently I purchased a new DVD - Samsung. I went into the menus of the DVD and adjust the resolution to 1080p. And then after I did that, with my TV screen become black. I deal with to restore the default settings but I still do not well know why I find a black screen when I adjust the resolution to 1080p. Is it my TV that does not sustain the resolution? My TV model is: TOSHIBA REGZA 32WL66Es. So please tell me how to fix this problem. Every reply should be appreciated.

re: How to fix black screen when switching to 1080p resolution.

I do not consider this issue is caused by any software. May be less power supply that’s why your graphics card is contacted very well. It may be caused by extreme heating because it cannot control the compulsory calculation wanted to run the 1080p video. Generally, some would advise for upgrading your TV hardware but why do not you attempt playing worse resolution videos. So from my point of view you should go to service center.

I think a rule of thumb is to utilize a resolution from the player as shut to the native resolution of the display as probable. 1080p from SD-DVD is supposing because producing it want an additional interlacing or deinterlacing step that the other resolutions do not. But a few people love it. You should attempt all the choices and choose which the most excellent to you looks. Utilize a calibration disks for top results. I have told you my experience on this problem.

I want to tell you that most HDMI DVD players do not support HD (720p/1080p) files between. If you need a player that does have fun HD files, you will have to see at other devices such as the most recent gaming systems or definite media players or servers. Some Blue-ray players also play HD files if they are changed to a suitable disc or file format the player can be familiar with (such as AVCHD). Another choice is just to attach your PC straight to the TV and play it on that.

I have also same problem like you. But I am suing the Samsung TV. I tried to solve this problem. But I couldn’t solve it. I don’t have much idea about this problem. I discussed this problem with various people. But no one gave correct answer. I took the help on the net. But I didn’t get the sufficient information. A day after tomorrow I’ll go the service center. Then I’ll ask the right solution on this problem. Because yesterday I posted same question on another forums. Maybe I’ll get the solution till evening.

I do not know this problem with the TV. But I am telling you what I know. I use the with Xbox the usual cables that come with the Xbox it is not 1080i, it is up to 720, depending on your TV and Xbox settings, it sounds same as you have an arcade Xbox and most of them even although you have the hdmi plug it would not work for a few reason. Under video settings you can modify the video settings of the box from 420p all the way through 1080p no is. I hope that it will give you some help.

Re: How to fix black screen when switching to 1080p resolution.

Thank you so much for giving me right solution. I have tried to fix this problem. When I checked the cable then it was connected properly. Then I connected properly. Because I had saw the cable at the cable join place. It was going to spark. That’s why I caused this type of problem. But still have little bit of problem. When I fix this after two or three hours. It was going to be back screen when I switch to 1080p. But at least I have known the problem. Tomorrow I’ll go to service center