Thread: TV tuner not working in Sony Vaio VPCL137FX

TV tuner not working in Sony Vaio VPCL137FX

I am having a Sony Vaio VPCL137FX with me, in which it is supported with a TV Tuner so we can watch HD programs from your cable box. The problem here is that the setup of Windows Media Center is complicated and confusing and I am not able to make it work can anyone let me know how this TV tuner will work so I can watch HD programs.

Re: TV tuner not working in Sony Vaio VPCL137FX

The problem might be with the IR hardware configuration –your IR receiver is not made to support set-top boxes. When using your IR receiver the windows will not be able to change the channels of your set-top box which would be of no use to you .to change the channels you will need to have an IR receiver with IR control cable connectors in it .by having this it would be easier for you to change the channels easily

If you are having problem with the configuration then you should use PCTV SYSTEMS MCE REMOTE KIT W/IR BLASTER .in this kit you will have two components with it 1.a full featured remote 2. A wireless receiver and there is also an IR blaster with which you can control other devices with the same remote. The other feature is you can also control any vista certified TV tuner with this remote. So there is not any issue if you are having a cable box or any PC TV. It is fully compatible for Windows Media Center so try it out.

Ok I think the solution might be like this that you can use a third party IR receiver which you will have to connect it with the computer using the USB port in it what will it do is that when you connect the IR receiver with the USB port then you would be able to change the channels of your set-top box by using a remote .I am not that sure but you can try it if you want it might work with you

As you are having a Sony Vaio VPCL137FX which is not at all cheaper you can do one thing that you will have to contact a authorized personal, you can get the Sony Vaio service center number from someone if you don’t have and you can call them up and ask for a solution if possible the service guy might come at home and will solve your problem this way you won’t need to do anything extra for it and they might not even charge you.