Thread: Computer restarts after short beep on GA-P67A-UD7-B3 motherboard

Computer restarts after short beep on GA-P67A-UD7-B3 motherboard

I am having Gigabyte motherboard model number GA-P67A-UD7-B3. My computer was running fine before but when I turned it on today then it wasn’t able to start. It goes on restarting after giving me a long beep and then continuing after two short beeps and then finally restarts. This continues on and on and I don’t know how to recover my computer back to normal state. So please someone help me out in order to solve the problem.

Re: Computer restarts after short beep on GA-P67A-UD7-B3 motherboard

It seems that computer is restarting because there is some sort of connection problem. So ensure that all the power connections are fitted properly. After this check whether the 8 pin power cable is connected properly, either the best option for verifying the connections is to assemble the whole cabinet again. I mean plug out all the connections of cabinet and then reassemble the same properly and I guess your computer would start normally.

The computer might give you a beep sound because there would be some problem with your CMOS battery. So just open your cabinet and you would find a silver battery place on your motherboard, it is called a CMOS battery. You need to clear CMOS settings so just press a button that is just located besides it and start your computer. If it doesn’t then remove the battery for some time and after this your computer would turn on.

I would like you to follow certain steps to make your computer functioning. First of all as you start your computer enter BIOS setup and then load optimized defaults and save the settings. If this doesn’t resolve the problem then there might be something wrong with power supply unit. Your PSU is not able to supply enough power and thus your computer is getting restarted. So remove your PSU and shot it using a wire to check whether it is working properly.

The beeps you have mentioned say that the problem is with video card. There might be a case where your video or graphic card is not fitted properly. So try to fit it properly and check for the problem. If it is fitted properly and then also the same thing occurs then try to arrange another graphic card and install it on your cabinet and check whether it gives the same problem. If it works with another graphic card then it’s time to replace your card, and thus get a new one to turn your computer on.

If you are using a graphic card and getting the problem then you should remove your card and then connect the display to the inbuilt display card of your motherboard and start your computer. If it is turning on then there is a problem with a graphic card or with the slot in which you fit your motherboard. So check your graphic card on another PC. If it is working there then your motherboard graphic slot has gone faulty.

If trying all things doesn’t help you to start your computer again then the problem I seem is that there would be something wrong with motherboard. Usually motherboard is having a few years warranty and as you are having Gigabyte motherboard and you would be having three years warranty. So contact to nearest gigabyte service center and then tell them your problem and they would look for the solution and would replace the board if found faulty.