Thread: Upgrade Suggestions for GFX Card

Upgrade Suggestions for GFX Card

What is recommended for an gpu upgrade for an older system. I want some suggestion to upgrade my Nvidia 7600GS. I am not sure about this, butt his card I found it from my old system and now I am not really thinking of adding this in my new system. I am not looking for a major difference but a slight performance upgrade will do in the same. My main concern is the power supply and the motherboard. What are the guidelines once should follow to upgrade a new gpu for an older system. I do not want to go for an very high end gpu and I have some of the similar models in my mind already.

Re: Upgrade Suggestions for GFX Card

Before getting a graphic card upgrade you must also think for an power supply upgrade on the same hand. For this I think you can go for Nvidia 9600GT. This card is a successor to the GeForce 8. GeForce 9 series happens be much better in performance and output and best suitable for a mid range system. NVIDIA offers new architecture. Performances of the same is twice as fast as the GeForce 8600 GTS. You can read the specification for the same.

Yes I too think that 9600 series card would be a preferable choice here. 9600 GT 512MB is available for sale. This can be the most suitable for your system. If you want to go for a lower range then you can opt for 8600 and 8800 and talking about the card competitors you can go for HD3850 and HD3870. There are other more things you have to consider for upgrading a processor. You can go for a higher ram range for this for better performance.

The G94 is a new processor chip with its 65nm manufacturing technology holds the not inconsiderable amount of 505 million transistors. The first thing that strikes us is their card PCB. In terms of specifications, the big difference from the 8600 GT, its direct competitors in price, comes with the leap to the 256 bit memory interface. The memory interface 256-bit about the 9600 much more to 8800 than to 8600. The frequencies are also very similar.

The only major difference between 8800 GT and 9600 GT comes from the hand of shader processors, 64 in the new 9600 and 112 and 128 in the 8800 GT and GTX respectively. Based on these specifications and price, the 9600 GT come directly to claim the interest of all those players who value price / performance ratio over all. And is that NVIDIA's new product is really interesting in this regard. You can go for a lower end support also.

Graphics cards are small specialized computers only in a task. Therefore also have a brain of its own that deals with all calculations related to the graphics of the games (or applications) that request it. A quite fast CPU to release the processor work on our computer, greatly speeding up the execution of the game. So it is necessary that the higher cpu ram and memory frequency you have your system works much better. And remember cooling is also having equal and same importance.