Thread: Graphics card is getting excessively heated

Graphics card is getting excessively heated

I m 17 yr old guy and also crazy about the games of high definition video graphics. I am always ready to spend on gaming at any extent. Recently I bought HP desktop. With the best and costlier configuration. Especially it had a Radeon HD 4300/4500 AGP card. I already heard so much nice lines about the features of Radeon cards. But since last few days I am experiencing overheating of my Graphic card. i keep my cabinet cover open. I m having one big fan on my processor. Since then I m facing this problem why so? Tell me.

Re: Graphics card is getting excessively heated

Brother I think you are really crazy about games and it is affecting your brain as well. I think you should also check up your system temperature. If it is above 60 degree c. then you can consider the overheating problem. Otherwise below 60 it is normal for the systems with AGP card attached in it. There should also be a fan on the AGP card so that it can cool the card individually. Otherwise fix some extra fans at the backside of the cabinet. It is not sufficient for the system to depend on 2 fans. Try doing it.

Even I was facing the problem of my fully techno-packed system. I was having a Lenovo Idea Centre desktop system with me. It was having all the latest features. But the AGP card fixed in it was displaying temperature on the screen interface up to 100 degrees as well. I was really started worrying about this problem. I used to make use of the card up to 55% of its capacity. And used to work on system for not more than 45 minutes. Still it was giving this report. But later on I fixed 3 extra fans in the system. This made the system to come back on the normal situation. You should also use the same solution. Okay.cya.

It seems like your AGP card is without a fan on it. Most of the AGP cards like NVIDIA and others come along with an individual fan fixed on them these fans are for internal cooling of those AGP cards that has requirement of fan due to its highly heating application on the system. Even my system has AGP card of NVIDIA 300 series. And also has fan connected on it. Due to which my AGP card temperature remains between 40-50 degrees. Only. So I think you should look out for the extra system fans to be connected on your system or place a fan on your AGP card which will maintain the temperature. It will also help your system to maintain the temperature at its limit.

Keeping the maximum ventilation to the system cabinet or to keep maximum number of fans inside the cabinets especially on the rear panel is the best solution for the problem of overheating. Compromising on fans in the system may cause huge damage and lack of performance of system. Because the much features present on the system the much maintenance and precautions to be taken on the system is quiet natural. So I think you should fix maximum fans on the system so that you can control the temperature in the system as well as pressure on your mind.

Research says that Display property is the major quality of the system which requires maximum power consumptions as well as the maximum temperature is created during the process of display maintenance. So it requires much cooling facility for the display related chips and cards. So when you use AGP card you must keep in mind that you will require more ventilation facility for your systems than any other system. And you should take this factor seriously. Fix more fans in the system. So that your card will get maximum cooling and the life and the performance of the card will increase. Do it at the most. And then enjoy the gaming.