Thread: AMD Radeon 5xxx and 6xxx cards are getting Native Graphics Acceleration with OS X 10.6.7

AMD Radeon 5xxx and 6xxx cards are getting Native Graphics Acceleration with OS X 10.6.7

I just got this information from one of my trusted websites. The early update for the macbook pro will bring in these features, so this is very much interesting and hence It would be great to own cards like these. I think so with these update it will open up floodgates of questions for the mac users such as will these cards be only for the mac system or some other systems as well, with the mac give way for some other companies like nvidia in graphics till now it has not but yes it would be very much interesting to know about that.

Re: AMD Radeon 5xxx and 6xxx cards are getting Native Graphics Acceleration with OS X 10.6.7

Well guys I would like to reveal some information on the cards which it is said that it will be natively supporting the update. So here goes the list
    - ATI Radeon HD 5630
    - ATI Radeon HD 5630
    - ATI Radeon HD 5670
    - ATI Radeon HD 5730
    - ATI Radeon HD 5770
    - ATI Radeon HD 5850
    - ATI Radeon HD 5870
    - AMD Radeon HD 6850
    - AMD Radeon HD 6870
    So above are the list of cards that seem to be natively supporting the update well as such I am not having enough information on the other cards who are supporting the update. I will update you if I get the list of that cards.

Re: AMD Radeon 5xxx and 6xxx cards are getting Native Graphics Acceleration with OS X 10.6.7

Hey guys do anyone of you all know does this update is supported by the HD 5570 card. Actually I am going to out it in sometime inside the laptop and start working with it so that’s why I was very curious to know about it and hence I want you all to do some search and get back to me whether this card is supported or not. So please do reply as fast as possible I am waiting for your suggestions.

No it is not working I have seen it and hence I am advising you the same. So I hope you have got the necessary suggestion. Actually the thing is that one of my friend had the same card that you had mentioned and he could not find such features in his macbook pro. So that’s why I think the list that has been mentioned above is the most appropriate of them all. So do have a look at it I am sure it will be helpful for you.

Hello guys I want to ask a question based on the similar topic. See I have a ATI Radeon HD 5870 Device ID 0x6898 and I was looking for the same graphics acceleration for my card as well so what I did was Ran MultiBeast and selected boot option with GraphicsEnabler as NO. now I rebooted the system and an Apple Logo did appear in the system and an Spinning wheel indefinitely so what can be the problem here, I am still looking out for some solutions for this problem, I would be happy if you all can help me out in such situation.

Well I think the problem with the update itself I think the update was not proper and hence I would say that do try installing that new version in to the system again by uninstalling the current version of the software that will be of good help. According to me your card is under the supported list then it should not give any issues. So do try working on the suggestion that i have given here it will definitely help you.