Thread: discussion on Quad-SLI and Quad-CrossFireX

discussion on Quad-SLI and Quad-CrossFireX

i just want to know what do all of you think about Quad-Scalable Link Interface and Quad-CrossFireX it is really very interesting for me what do you guys think is to determine what graphic card combination provides the best gameplay experience across a variety of games at 1080p , 2560 x 1600. This would include Quad-Scalable Link Interface and Quad-CrossFireX of different brands. the tri-Scalable Link Interface and tri-CrossFire combos that you haven't yet shown us Include comments on noise, crashing, stuttering, or anything else that affects the overall gameplay experience. In general I think these results would be of more practical use to people than a simple quad vs. quad showdown, which would still be interesting, no doubt.

Re: discussion on Quad-SLI and Quad-CrossFireX

I do agree with all that! But you should talk about at 1080p, and a Tri display 1080p resolution. what makes you think that people actually have (2560x1600) such resolutions and they definitely do not have 800x640 for that matter anymore. and by the way it is not any help to come to notice of the regulars who do have 1080p when you guys do these Graphics and CPU benchmarks at these resolutions almost no one games in. Also you should try making one at 1080p hd with no anti aliasing and one with maximum aliasing.

many of the people out here crave for such reviews, many of which likely are not at all good use of the resources. I think this one has merit, though Sandy Bridge systems are what regulars use, so a lot of readers would like to know what they can do with a maximum of two cards. The rise of triple monitor gaming makes this more relevant. When you spend a 1000 grands on a couple of 6990 and 6970 combo, you wonder if you might as well spend a few hundred more and max the whole thing out, especially if you have a triple monitor setup.

when you think of CIVILIZATION 5 the frame rates in themselves are useless due to it being a turn based game, but what matters is the quality settings that are playable. with Battlefield Bad Company 2 the more important thing is the driver updates from nvidia and AMD and if the frame rates improve with those new drivers since typically both AMD and Nvidia release new drivers with different tweaks for that card and certain games when new card is released.

there is immence CrossFire scaling improvement made by amd on its 6xxx series. after that is achieved now there are many combinations of cards avaliable out there, at lower expense and provide better perfomance. the Radeon HD 5770 in 3-way CrossfireX if you are interested in it then go for it. I think AMD Radeon HD 6990 4GB vs Nvidia GeForce GTX 590 3GB testing is enough.single graphics processing units are used by Most people on these forums anyway.

i would like to see this, but i want to see cpu dependent results i will be really great. it would be much better if the there were multiple cpu senarios tested. you could try testing different cpus with different gpus like using 2 6990 or one 6990 or a combination of 6990 and 6970.biggest bang for a buck thats what really matters when it come to such things. I know i am asking for quite a bit, but it is what people really use and are interested to know about