Thread: ViXS PureTV-U 48B0 (NTSC/ATSC Combo)???

Mr_David Guest

ViXS PureTV-U 48B0 (NTSC/ATSC Combo)???

ViXS PureTV-U 48B0 (NTSC/ATSC Combo)

What is it's purpose. Can I connect my Cable TV service to it and watch tv on my desk top.

This card was in my old HP Pavillion Desktop.
    I never did figure out how to use it.
    I have a new Intel motherboard desk top running Windows 7.
    I put this card in the PCI slot. Driver installed and device manager says it is working properly.
    I have cox cable service. I plugged by cable into the card but how do I access the input.

The reason I asked was I was trying to see if I could use it to connect a VHS player and copy old tapes to DVD.
    I did research and discovered that I just need to get USB video capture device cable that will connect my VCR to a usb port and download software to convert the analog to digital.

Re: ViXS PureTV-U 48B0 (NTSC/ATSC Combo)???

I tried searching for information on the TV-tuner card that you have and there is not much to find. There is an S-video input on the card. There are also some adapters for the S-video included in the bag that had the computer manuals that convert from the five pin on the card to a yellow RCA adapter. I also found the S-Video input will be recognized by Media Center, but in order to do so I had to reset the TV settings in Media Center. I soon discovered Media Center will only recognize the S-Video if it is specified as a Set Top Box, which Media Center then requires detection of an IR receiver to control the set top box.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Mr_David Guest

Thank you for taking your time to research that for me. I am a plumber and I often help answer a lot of plumbing ? on
    I often get those 1 post posters that never come back.
    I tried the media center but could not figure out how to get or view any input from the cable input.
    It had an option for internet TV but I presumed that was TV input from the internet and not diectly from the cable input.

Mr_David Guest

I figured it out.
    I found the Tv setting in media file.
    I configured it and now have analog cable tv on my desktop.
    I would need a set top box to get the extended Digital channels.
    So then I tried my VCR. I unplugged the cable input to card and connected the VCR out to card cable input and in media center channel guide I set it to channel 3. ( VCR output channel) I now can play my VHS tapes on my Desktop
    I had the previous HP desktop for 4 yrs and never set up the TV.

Mr_David Guest

I don't need special software to convert.
    Windows media will record the video then I just use movie maker to slice, dice and convert to wmv file format

Hay I c here some body is talking about the tv card i have in my desktop pc from about 2 to 3 years and i still dont know how to use it i just have the card only no attachable wires come with it i guess but i never see them can i be still able to make it work with the tv cable its bn called a coaxial cable i guess

Quote Originally Posted by zfrshah View Post
    Hay I c here some body is talking about the tv card i have in my desktop pc from about 2 to 3 years and i still dont know how to use it i just have the card only no attachable wires come with it i guess but i never see them can i be still able to make it work with the tv cable its bn called a coaxial cable i guess
    People who responded in this topic called it a tv tuner card, so what is the make or model of the card that you have? Mostly tv tuner cards are made up of pci technology, so you will have to fix it to the pci slot on your motherboard. And then install its driver i guess, if it is required or directly plug the cable wire into it and watch movies on your pc.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly