Thread: When I connect my Laptop to my TV with a HDMI Cable I am getting black screen

When I connect my Laptop to my TV with a HDMI Cable I am getting black screen

i am using the dell studio 1555 laptop and under that I have installed the windows 7 on mine system. Everything on the system works fine without any issue. Last one week I have tried to connect my Laptop to TV with a HDMI Cable but during this time mine system desktop get black screen and it was not working. I am using the HDMI Cable and I have Sony TV (Bravia KDLW4100). Now I don’t how to solve this black screen issue. Can anyone helps on this topic and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: When I connect my Laptop to my TV with a HDMI Cable I am getting black screen

One of my friends is aware of this error and this is what I set out to solve this problem: Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking and check that it is working well or not. To do this reboot and press F8. Be sure to press F8 before the Windows logo that comes to light. If not what is needed to try again for your patience while waiting for the login Windows system and the next restart laptop again. Once on the Advanced Boot Options screen, select "Safe Mode with Networking" scrolling with the arrow keys and press Enter. You may have to visit the manufacturer's Web site and ensure that the latest drivers HDMI.

Re: When I connect my Laptop to my TV with a HDMI Cable I am getting black screen

Network mode is working well, but what I noticed is that HDMI is not supported in that mode. Not sure exactly what it suggests to do. Well I enter safe mode, connected to networks, but what else. When I plugged the HDMI cable in the network mode, the display will stay common, except the system was not capable to differentiate that television is there, on the other. I be grateful for your help everyone. Please let me know what else I can do to fix this problem?

Before attempting a solution to huge problems, first try pressing Alt + 5 blackscreen when it comes to connecting a HDMI cable. This is what is used to do in my Toshiba laptop for the same problem. If you cannot solve the problem by doing this, disconnect the cable, restart the laptop and go to the Nvidia site. Now you need to download and install the latest Nvidia drivers compatible with your system. Also do not forget to install the HDMI control center. Once finished, reboot and try connecting the cable. I hope you will not face the black screen again. Failure to respond results.

I would like to suggest you to update the Display Adapter and Graphic Card Drivers and so that you can solve your issue. To do these go through the following steps: make hit on the start and after that go to the all programs. Now on the all programs select the windows update. Now on the windows update application make hit on the windows update at left pane of the application. Now once you click on this and after that make hit on the View available updates and then install the all updates and once you finish the installation restart your system. I hope this will help you to solve your issue.

I would like to suggest you the following step and so that you can solve your issue. to do this go to the control panel and after that make hit on the Personalization. Now on the Personalization click on the Display Settings and then choose the Settings Tab. Now here select the 2 monitor display from the drop down and then make check mark on the Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor check box. Now once you finish this hit the ok button and after that go through your issue.

i'm so glad i found your right answer! I was so frightened if it ain't gonna work. I'm dead! hahahah. Anyways thanks again