Thread: Unable to shut down my PC after installing Diamond ATI TV Wonder 600 PCIE

Unable to shut down my PC after installing Diamond ATI TV Wonder 600 PCIE

Recently I have installed the TV Wonder 600 PCIE along with the Catlyst 10.4 drivers but after doing this I am getting an issue. Actually after this my Pc is not getting shut down. And when I uninstall then my Pc getting shut down. Actually after doing this I am not able to make use of the TV tuner. Recently my system is running on to the windows 7 which is build on to the Asus M4A78T-E and ATI Radeon 4890. So if anybody have any idea about the same so please help me here as soon as it is possible for you.

Re: Unable to shut down my PC after installing Diamond ATI TV Wonder 600 PCIE

I have also seen this issue on many of the forum site and I got that many of the users are facing many issue about the same. Actually ATI 600, 650 HDTV Tuner card have a lot of HW and SW problems. That's the reason they are selling this at the price of 1200 rs. I have also this and because of this issue I have remove this and now I am using other one. Which ATI 2250 and I do not have any issue in this after 2 years. So if you want then you can make use of the same.

Hey I just want thank you over here for your quick reply. Actually after your advice I have visited the Diamonds website. And I just download the updated driver for the same and after that I have seen that my card is working without any kind of issue. Actually I got some kind of glitches along with my newer ATI Catlyst tuner drivers, but after getting driver from the Diamond website and my problem get fixed. So again I want to thank you for the same.

Hey this is great that you got the solution for your query. Actually I was also going through the same issue and I have also follow the solution which is given over here. I have also visited the Diamond website and from there I got the driver which is updated on date 4/4/2011. And I have make use of the same and now my system is running without any kind of issue. And after the same I have also updated my BIOS & PC drivers now my system is running without any kind of issue. So just want to thanks for the same.

I am recently making use of the PCIe device driver. And along with the PCIe I have a storage device connected. In my hardware, I have a DMA which make use of physical address for the data transmission. The transmission is functioning very well without any issue, but as soon as I try to get any data windows crashes!!I So I have also tested the same on Windows Vista and Windows 7 but both crashed on reading. Any help is appreciated.

Have you tried disabling DEP for Windows Explorer? If these local directories that are trying to execute files or simply browse folders? I also had a similar problem that was caused by a driver from the video card and everything you need to fix for me was to delete temporary files and leave the windows thumbnail regenerate.