Thread: DVI-D does not work even with no other monitors plugged in

DVI-D does not work even with no other monitors plugged in

I just got two 890GXM-G65 Motherboards, but I am not able to get the DVI-D to everyone working for the integrated video card. Before everyone gets thrilled, I have no other devices connected display (so I try to use the HDMI port at the same time) and the monitor is a normal monitor with a D-SUB to DVI D-SUB -D. The adapter works on another computer, converting a DVI-D, a D-SUB - so that the adapter is not to blame. I tried two, just in case - both work in the old system, not the new systems.

Re: DVI-D does not work even with no other monitors plugged in

I had a look at the BIOS settings and, although several are related to the integrated graphics card, none seem to be labeled "Disable DVI-D or HDMI Port Off." I have been assigned to the card 512 MB of system memory and this is reflected in the operating system when booting (4 GB memory, 3.5 GB available). I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Bios are flashed to the latest version (1.8) and the motherboard is also known as MS-7642 if that helps. So the only thing I think could be a possibility at this point is that DVI-D to VGA adapters are not supported on this motherboard - however, it is not written in the manual or box, and accepted functionality video card to support this.

It's a fair question. We are using the monitor connected to a D-SUB (which works fine) to regulate the BIOS settings - then try and restart the same monitor connected to DVI to D-SUB to see if it works. Theoretically we could have two monitors connected (one to the D-SUB, an adapter for DVI) but I wanted to eliminate a possible source of the problem. The onboard do not have dual output.

Unfortunately, it’s a no for me - because I also tried the adapter with different computer with a DVI slot and it was working properly on that computer. I tested and validated two adapters that can prove they work on the old computer (where I have a D-SUB monitor, plugged into the adapter, which in turn is connected to the DVI slot on your old computer.) This eliminates the hardware outside the computer as the problem.

"Internal" is where it should be, if not used an external card. Save and Exit. BIOS do as far as I know have little to do with the monitors, but the graphics card. In the old days, in order to redress the situation was important. There may be a static problem, so that the power of the computer and unplug and wait a while. The monitor can be activated, however. Check ads to see that not a cable signal.

The problem has been solved - integrated graphics card the motherboard doesn’t carry the signal information necessary to support a VGA-DVI adapter - However, it is compatible with the connection of a VGA monitor and DVI monitor at the same time get a desk with two monitors. Thanks to everyone who helped with suggestions. MSI have suggested that the lack of support mentioned in the manual as it is the function that normally exists.

Hi, I do not know if I should post this somewhere else, but my problem seems relevant. I have the MSI-G65 890GXM ATI graphics inside and also connect an NVIDIA card, the MSI 450GTS CYCLONE 1Gb. NVIDIA card has 2 DVI-I ports and a mini HDMI. Now, when you connect a monitor through the mini I have HDMI signal, but when I also connect both a D-SUB monitor through a VGA to DVI adapter then you cannot have any sign of that. At first entry shows some bios, but then the signal disappears. The strange thing is that everything worked well when I set the PC for the first time, when connecting the NVIDIA card, and I had a sign on both monitors simultaneously, but when he dismantled the PC to update supply and fan then you cannot use both monitors. Also, when I use NVIDIA card Can’t I still have some sign from inside ATI, if your DVI or D-SUB. Could someone advise on that?