Thread: Monitor has appearance of vertical lines

Monitor has appearance of vertical lines

Hello friends, I was playing game on my PC and suddenly a vertical line appeared on the screen. I am a complete game freak and do play for long hours since many years but such a problem has never happened before. I rebooted my computer and also did an auto adjust to see whether the line disappears but still the appearance of the line remained. Why did this happened accidently? Has my PC been affected by any Virus? Appropriate replies appreciated .

Re: Monitor has appearance of vertical lines

Hi, these things do happen in day to day life, that’s ok, its not at all a big worry . I recommend you to get a auxiliary monitor if you can get it from somewhere, either from friends or relatives. Change it and then check again whether such lines are still coming or not. If yet again the same problem is occurring then it’s because of the screen, else the video card in some cases . Change it if needed.

Reading the problem, I would clear it out that virus has no connection to the vertical lines, so dont even think in that direction . The problem can be because of the drivers. Make habitual application of driver cleaners to clean the drivers and again install the appropriate drivers appropriately . Such lines could also appear in the presence of magnetic materials near the desktop. So, better, be careful with it !!!

After going through all the replies above, I would like to take you to a remote possibility, i.e. ram modules may be creating such lines. The reason being that RAM may be detected by the computer but there may be some damage in the display. Just open the system and check that the RAM modules are properly fitted. It may not seem a realistic solution but ultimately these are small things that can create big impact.

Hi! Just check whether a pin is broken on the cable. Then, going by the basics I would imply you to remember the warranty time of your monitor. If it’s still in the warranty phase then call the company and don’t act smart trying yourself anything. Even if the warranty period has expired, I would suggest you that you better call only, they will guide you appropriately and let you know how much it will cost you to repair the issue.