Thread: Second monitor settings not working even after disconnecting dual screen

Second monitor settings not working even after disconnecting dual screen

Hello guys I am facing some unusual kind of a problem when making use of a secondary monitor to connect it to my laptop, the problem that I am facing is that when I keep the laptop connected to the secondary monitor if I open the application on the laptop it appears on the secondary monitor, but If I remove the connection I find that the application is still stuck on the secondary monitor, but the main problem is that I am not able to move that application after that it is just stuck on the screen so can someone help me to know that how will I be able to get rid of this.

Re: Second monitor settings not working even after disconnecting dual screen

Dude just make of this steps that I have mentioned on the post and see if it can help you to get rid of the application. For this you will have to make sure that which one is kept as primary and which one is secondary, gigantic "1” will state the primary one.
    • What you do is that you should Right click on the desktop and select "properties".
    • After that Click the "settings" tab along with the secondary monitor graphic.
    • Once this is done you will have to deselect the box "extend my Windows desktop onto the monitor"
    • Now select the primary monitor graphic and make sure that "use this device as primary monitor" is selected.

If in case the above settings doesn’t do the trick for you than there is one more solution that can help you in getting the problem solved for that you will have to right click the application on the Taskbar, click Move, after that make use of the arrow keys to move the application. Once this is done than you can make use of the mouse cursor locks to the program window and you can use the mouse to direct the application on your screen, you only have to make use of the arrow keys in the beginning.

Although I haven't really tried undocking my laptop, switching on and off and then running the application, but I would suggest you to make use of this one and see if it helps you to solve the problem. For this you only have to uncheck the "extend my Windows desktop onto" the secondary monitor does force the application to come into view on the primary monitor. So try this out and see if it can actually help you to solve the problem.

The easiest way so as to get the secondary monitor to rid of the application when the laptop is unplugged is by making use of the shortcut keys. You can use Alt-tab to toggle to that application or you can even use Alt-space-M to shift, Alt-space-X to make bigger it to full-screen, Alt-space-R to diminish from full-screen, Alt-space-N to minimize to the taskbar. So with any of these you will be able to get rid of the application easily.