Thread: Cannot add additional monitor with DVI connection

Cannot add additional monitor with DVI connection

At present my PC is running Windows Vista. The PC has a sound card NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT. I've been using a Samsung monitor screen that is connected to the DVI connection. Now my newest attempt to connect an additional monitor with DVI to VGA adapter. When I connect the second monitor to your system, it is said that the secondary monitor is recognized and functioning properly, but I cannot see signal from that at all. To test the new monitor connected to the main monitor jack works fine. But what is the problem in the previous configuration? Am I missing any configuration of Nvidia? Does anyone have suggestions regarding this, please post in this thread? Thanks in advance.

Re: Cannot add additional monitor with DVI connection

I think it's probably the question of faulty adapter. You cannot be replaced by a new one if the adapter itself is not working properly. Make sure you have purchased the right connector or adapter. Put another way the video card to different PCI slot and install the latest drivers. If any malfunction of PCIe itself will solve. Also make use of the similar graphics card in one more PC and do the similar configuration. This will assist you know which is causing the difficulty of signal loss.

Did you verify dual monitor settings within Windows XP to 7? There is no difficulty in using Windows Vista. This is just in case if the reason of the OS. Is the subject of latest monitor or else dual monitor setup? Check the monitor connector and the cable if it could be the subject of the new device. Have you checked the NVIDIA control panel for dual monitor setup? Have you played with some of your values? I you probably do not think so.

I watched when I was looking new motherboard near the beginning of this year then I found that the motherboard chipsets largest number of modern video board will not allow a DVI to VGA adapter regulate the effort because the wiring is not there. In that case, if we look in the user manual for your model or similar product name is almost certainly not any of the items out using a DVI to VGA adapter or the motherboard does not hold with.

I believe that Windows Vista is only allows the default display which means that only the main screen. To verify that, you will have to go to Control Panel> Display Properties Settings. Clutch the cursor over the sample - if you are disabled you will see it as "not active". So, right click on that screen with disabilities to enable it. You may be prompted to restart the case. If this is not going to assist, then suppose that there may be some compatibility matter between system and monitor otherwise system and GPU. It is better to resolve first.