Thread: No sound but video present while connecting to DELL studios XPS

No sound but video present while connecting to DELL studios XPS

Hi there, I have a problem which I am unable to rectify with the problem, the problem is that I am having an LG37LC2D-UD which was released in June 2006, and this model I am trying to connect to the LG37LC2D-UD whose configuration is Intel (R) Core (TM): 7 CPU having a windows 7 operating system in it. I tried to connect the high speed HDMI cable with the desktop that I am having with all the parts that are present with me, but I am not able to do it right, the problem is that I am able to see the video on the monitor, but I am not able to hear any of the sound from it. So please help me in coming out the problem that I am facing in it.

Re: No sound but video present while connecting to DELL studios XPS

I just want to share the solution that I have found when I was facing the problem similar like this one. All the setting that was required was done for the HDMI but was not able to come out from the problem. I tried updating and also reinstalling the drivers, adjusting the settings that were required but no luck. As I went to the graphic card interface, I saw there that some of the option which I never visited was not set properly; so tried fixing it with the knowledge of my friend. There were two option that were not properly set like HDMI video (audio disabled), HDMI video (audio enabled) here the wrong option was selected. So by selecting the right one I was unable to hear the sound that I wanted to.

I was also having the same problem that you people are having but I was having the problem in Toshiba laptop and Toshiba TV having windows 7 as the operating system in it, so I did the following steps to come out from the problem that I was facing, so go in the Start Menu in that go in the Control Panel, in control panel go in Sound and then in the Playback tab. In that the list of the device will be present which will be connected, now that you have found the device then a green check mark should be provided to it which will help you in getting the sound and the video to play in the normal mode, if the device is not listed then you have to right click the device list box and then select ‘Show disabled devices', this will show all the device that is present in it.

I too had the exact same problem that most of them here are facing it, and none of the solution that I used was working for me. I am trying to run a TV from my laptop with the help of HDMI, and the sound that is present usually comes through the TV once I plug the cable in it. The solution that I found was to go in the Device Manager, and at the bottom of the list in system devices, I found that the High Definition Audio Controller was disabled; I think it was not updated for some of the reason, so when I changed the value of it the audio was immediately transferred to my TV. Also there was an external speaker that was connected to the TV which helped me in working on big size TV having a speaker attaches to it. So now everything is been working fine now.

I have a Dell Studio XPS laptop and am trying to convert the TV that I am having to a monitor which will display all the thing happening on the monitor of the laptop with the help of HDMI cable. The problem is that the picture transfers in the TV fine, but the sound is an problem in it. I have tried changing the Sound from the laptop of mine but it was not helping in great as some of the setting that I knew is not working fine for me. I am able to control the sound from the laptop but the sound which is not coming in the TV is not been controlled by me, so now what to do regarding the problem that I am facing.

Hi, did you checked the driver that is present in the system, I think that there is some of the problem present in the driver of yours, try updating the drivers which is present in the laptop of yours, as this is an important steps most of the people go wrong here only, the driver are always updating and some of the drivers contain some bug which are not solved or it remain unsolved which should be not installed in it. Go with the drivers which are proper and do not contain any of the bug in it. It is very hard to take any of the decision regarding it as they appear to be right but you have to search the proper one to find the solution for it.