Thread: No signal in monitor after restarting computer

No signal in monitor after restarting computer

Hello, I encountered a problem on my Samsung Lcd monitor. Last night I was working on my Pc and suddenly my Pc freezes. I tried to refresh it but the mouse cursor was not responding. After hitting ctrl+alt+delete I tried to get into the task manager so that I can end all the tasks but I failed to do so. I have no option except to restart the system from the cpu. After restart I found that the monitor screen is black and no signal was coming from the CPU. Even the monitor LED was glowing amber. Cpu was working fine but there was no display in the monitor. I tried with another monitor but it also got no signal. Please somebody tell me what to do.

Re: No signal in monitor after restarting computer

I will try to help you. First you check that if there is any connection problem between the monitor and the Cpu. Check for the connecting cord that has gone from the monitor to the Cpu. If you feel like connection is loose then unplug it and again try to plug it back. Check for the pins in the cpu where you plug the monitor. See if any of the pin is bent or damaged. This could be one of the reason why both of your monitors are not getting signals.

You checked by replacing with your another monitor but none of them is showing any display. There must be some problem with your Cpu , motherboard, hard disk or SMPS(switch mode power supply).Check for the Ram and video cards installed inside if by any chance it might have got loosened. If it is so then pull them out from the slots and slide it back. Due to overheating of components in the Cpu, you might encounter this problem. Then check for the bad memory and then proceed to check with another SMPS. If all of these components are working properly then check for motherboard.

You said that your Cpu is working but you are not getting any signals in the monitor. It can be a video card issue. Switch off the power switch of power supply unit(PSU),then press the ATX switch(the button on the front )and hold on for thirty seconds to clear the residual charge present in the capacitors. Now switch on the Psu again and see if your monitor gets a signal from the CPU. Also check for the loose connections of power cord and other peripherals

Check for the plug that is going to the GFX card. Make sure that the monitor cable is connected to the GFX card in the Cpu.If you think there is any problem with the GFX card then tke it out and check if any damage has occurred. If you have checked all the above and found no problem then you proceed further to clear the CMO’S.I am sure this will help you to sort out the problem.