Thread: How to configure MAC address on wired NET TV

How to configure MAC address on wired NET TV

Guys this is the first time that I am making use of the NET TV so as to get the internet access through it using the wired network, but the problem is that I have to know from some of my friends that incase if we make use of the wired network, we will have to configure the MAC address of the TV, so now all I would want to know from you guys that how will I be able to configure the MAC address of my TV so that I will be able to get connect to the internet.

Re: How to configure MAC address on wired NET TV

I don’t think so that there could be any kind of a possibility as such so as to change the MAC address which is also the physical address of the TV, since it is always assigned to it when it is developed and will remain the same throughout. Instead what I should recommend is that you should set the router to DHCP and see if after that the TV is capable to receive the DNS and IP. For this you can even check to see by sending ping from TV and then see if you can get access to the internet easily after that.

I think that it is always possible to get the connection of the internet onto your TV even with the cable directly connected to the router and setting up the IP address, then the default gateway address, the subnet mask address and even the DNS server address and you will surely be able to get connected to the internet after going through all the steps inserting the respective values for the same.

Dude you will have to contact the Philips Support staff and ask them about how to go forward with configuring the MAC that is the physical address of the NET TV. I think only they will be able to let you know that what should be done so as to get connected to the internet, or maybe they can even provide you with the details of how to get connected without even changing or configuring the MAC address of the TV, so you should contact them only so as to get the problem of the connection solved.

Thank you very much of the advice that you all have given to me, I am now able to get connected to the internet through the use of the wired network without any problem, also when I had contacted the Philips support staff for the solution, they had even provided me the same answer that you all have given in the above post, thank you once again for the reply and I will surely come back again on this forum if in the future I have any problem.