Thread: Deep Color on Dell UltraSharp U2711

Deep Color on Dell UltraSharp U2711

I have tried one like 30 bits of color working in U2711? HDMI seems to be up to 1920x1080 or 1920x1200, so it is not acceptable to the desk job. At least that is what the sounds of some posts. DVI does not do Deep Color. That leaves DisplayPort as the merely choice for 30-bit color at 2560x1440. Well, does it work, if it does, with that graphics cards? Please if anybody has any idea or any information on this than provide me.

Re: Deep Color on Dell UltraSharp U2711

I would like to see what 30-bit seems that even with these limits. On the other hand, I am looking for 240 GT technical specifications and background are mentioned just in color depth is "HDMI 1.3a. That is the similar for Radeon HD 5750 and similar for U2711. As mentioned I can say for Nvidia 30-bit color DisplayPort in the same sentence to describe just Quadro cards. To me this means that DisplayPort is likely to only work with 24 bit colors and consumption U2711 (not working) cards. So currently I am tending to think that customer monitors (counting U2711) and cards can just do 2560x1440 (or 2560x1600) with 24-bit color, DVI and DisplayPort over maybe, and that just 30-bit color is probable through HDMI, for a maximum resolution of 1920x1080.

I have made much investigate on the production of 30-bit newly for a thesis on medical imaging and I have to work on Dell U2711 (DisplayPort) in my workplace. Seeing artificial ramps grayscale or color gradients, it is very mild compared to 8 bits per channel output - You will not be able to recognize "boundaries" between the adjacent colors more. But could not find any benefit to real-world images. Even the slightest hint of noise in the picture - that's not likely that any capture RAW (even better) DSLR - will make the advantage of 30 bits of color Neglect. Other than that, you need a graphics adapter for workstations (such as AMD or Nvidia Quadro FX FirePRO) to produce 30 bits to work. There are plenty of marketing FUD and misinformation floating around, but none of the current graphics adapters consumer is 30 bit capable DisplayPort more. Moreover, I had no success with either HDMI Deep Color Radeon 4870 board.

Yes, it's probably not much reason for non-professional photographers to go with 30 bits, but I would check anyway. Although is not what I wanted to hear, which is what I expected. I'm ready for the monitor. I will attempt to get an apparent respond from AMD first - possibly there is something you must first obtain allow 30bit. If not there, I will possibly go with Nvidia. I not see what the big problem with 30-bit DisplayPort is, from the 30-bit HDMI seems to be widely supported.

Do you know if the 30bit color is now compatible with Windows GDI 7? This will be a great progress the implementation of 10-bit grayscale (or 30bit color) for digital image processing, it does not require writing code for specific hardware vendor software companies PACS. Did you utilize the NVAPI to execute 30bit color? All the best with your thesis. There has been much interest (and debate) in the industry on this issue for years. For what it's worth, a reasonable choice is the Nvidia Quadro FX580 price under $ 150 that supports dual display port to 30bit color.

I do not think 30-bit color is supported inhabitant in Windows 7. For present, you have ATI or NVIDIA 30-bit support to the driver's control panel to activate a particular option, as a side effect, disable desktop composition (Aero) and the OpenGL and Direct3D hardware only With quick reference works (D3D requires full screen exclusive mode). A 30-bit color and a kind of signature of the driver stage will be cleared as soon as the hack for example, is drawn on top of an OpenGL context, use the GDI - 24-bit back on the screen immediately Fall. On the other hand, any specific vendor code that works, only a few precise OpenGL or D3D code does not need to install a suitable pixel format.