Thread: Dell 1702FP: Can't get DVI working

Dell 1702FP: Can't get DVI working

I have an accuracy of 330, with Windows 2000, I put an Xtasy GeForce 3 Ti 500 cards in it, and I have the 1702FP monitor and I cannot get the DVI working properly. I can get a signal over the power in testing and boot, but once you change the Win2k boot screen to the screen "Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to log on" message, the display enters "sleep" mode and I cannot get to wake up! If I disconnect the digital cable (both PC and monitor) and connect the analog cable, the logon screen is displayed instantly. How I can fix this?

Re: Dell 1702FP: Can't get DVI working

I tried everything, from 640 x 480, 1280 x 1024 (1280 x 1024 is the maximum the monitor support) and in analog mode all resolutions are very well, digital mode, I get a signal to start over, that is, when checking memory, etc. but as soon as the "windows from 2000" the screen disappears, goes black and nothing comes on the screen. If I boot in safe mode, it works, but I can change the monitor driver while in Safe Mode, and I cannot get any resolution past 800 x 600, 16 colors.

First, connect DVI (digital) and D-Sub (analog) cables to the monitor video card. Boot operating systems and download the latest driver for your Nvidia card. Uninstall the existing driver (not just run the installer again), reboot, and then install the new driver (cautious, this driver is not digitally signed, so you have to click Continue Anyway to the warning dialog). By going to the advanced display properties (I'm assuming to know how to), there is a call option on the Device Selection tab funky slide. You should be able to select the display (or try to detect displays).

Here I also have same problem and I tried all that. The instructions with the video card and instructions to monitor both say they do not connect the two of them at the moment, anyway I tried to do that, and do not cares, just works on display what is detected first, and if it detects analog, it works fine. if it detects digital, displays a screen all the way until you actually get on the windows and yes, I guess I'm pretty big.

I have exactly the same problem. Windows XP Home / Dimension 4300/ATI 7500/1720FP AIW Radeon. Using DVI, I see everything to the home screen, then the screen seems to lose the signal (the power LED changes from green to amber). Use a DVI-> VGA adapter ATI card, and the blue wire analog LCD screen, and everything is fine except for a brief time, when the XP logo is displayed and I get an "Out of Range "message on the LCD screen. There must be tested at least 30 different configurations, yet no luck. Is anyone having any success with the FPs DVI Dell?

I have two 1800FP attached to ATI Radeon VE in DVI mode and run the software Stardock including the World Bank, intellectual property, and wfx, but I see no problem (with Catalyst 2.4 and now 2.5). Transitions are Windows desktop icons and a little slow at times flash 3.4 times in any activity of the window. Try changing the skin of the World Bank. If this fails, try disabling one to one OD, OB and the World Bank and see when and if it stops.